Guess my sales person sold me a dream

mrpryorsays

Aug 26, 2020
Traded up my 2011 on this 2020 cause the sales person told me I could use CarPlay..... that was it... otherwise I had no real reason to trade up other than to get a fresh new clean slate...

blown that it requires a few accessories to make it work

ive ordered the 7pin mic kit.. going to see if I can get it working without actually buying the WHIM..

if you are thinking of getting one for the CarPlay feature make sure it is equipped with a headset adapter either wireless or the 7pin

Traded up my 2011 on this 2020 cause the sales person told me I could use CarPlay..... that was it... otherwise I had no real reason to trade up other than to get a fresh new clean slate...

blown that it requires a few accessories to make it work

ive ordered the 7pin mic kit.. going to see if I can get it working without actually buying the WHIM..

if you are thinking of getting one for the CarPlay feature make sure it is equipped with a headset adapter either wireless or the 7pin

I got a 2019 on 9/19/2020. You need either a wired or wireless headset connected and your phone needs to be connected to the USB port as well. Also be advised only compatible HD headsets work. The regular half helmet wired will not work you must get the premium half helmet wired one if you go that route. After trial and error three headsets (wired) later I am happy to report Apple CarPlay does in fact work on my 2019 FLHXS. If you need further details, feel free to reach out to me.

Carplay works just fine . . . . . . . . . . . . . IF you don't want to talk-reply-answer. All I use it for is traffic maps. I upgraded to the GTS Boombox on my 2018 115th Anniversary model and I'm happy. It was a direct plug n play with the revised GTS model radio. I don't need a microphone and If I listen to music I rely on BT earbuds for Iphone or USB stik. :cool:

Sorry but you DON'T NEED to purchase this connector to activate Carplay with a Boombox GTS radio!! As soon as I connected my Iphone and went thru the setup, it worked perfectly. However, You would still need the WHIM & microphone/headset to talk directly to the Boombox and a digital technician appointment (whicjh I'm not needing that feature).

Carplay would only work after I connected a microphone. I went the wired headset route.

Carplay would only work after I connected a microphone. I went the wired headset route.

I guess I should ask what brand phone you have because it works perfectly with Iphones (6S & above w/ latest IOS 13 or 14 version). The latest IOS 14 allows Android connectivity Tethered of course NOT Bluetooth.

You do not need a WHIM or headset just to view traffic maps in Carplay.

Foot Note on Carplay: Earlier 2019 models (firmware 19.19.03.00 or later) with Boombox GTS. You may need dealer's HD Digital Tech to checkmark the box "WHIM" even though it is not installed.

Also under settings, make sure to select "Projection" and turn it ON.

Both of these were done on my 2018 Anniversary when I put in the Boombox GTS radio and when I connected to Carplay with my iphone 10XS Max, it worked perfectly. It also works perfectly with my new iphone 12 Pro.

Found a guy on Facebook that makes a jumper.. plug and play.. don’t need headset anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tulsa