H.O.G. membership

Shadow Glide

Oct 1, 2014
Have you kept it? I mean IMO they send you a badge, patch, pin, travel road map book & that's it. I mean I have never used it for any benefit they offer which is very little. There towing coverage is total BS seems like. The Hog membership here in Boise is not what I thought it would be. Seems like men just meeting and hanging out. They ride short distances have lunch ride back. They meet for coffee ride back. When I go to HD and see the members of H.O.G. it's like wow um OK. Not what I figured H.O.G. to be.
Thought they ride, ride, ride....NOPE. Come hang out with us in front of Harley ...WHAAAAAAT? Screw that let's ride!

YULTRA PACKAGE – $29.95* per year you may qualify for travel expense reimbursement if either of the following occurs:
• your covered motorcycle is disabled as the result of a mechanical breakdown of a warranty-covered component
(still under the original limited warranty or Extended Service Plan) and is 161 km (100 mi) or more from your
residence; or
• your covered motorcycle is disabled as the result of a collision, is 161 km (100 mi) or more from your residence,
and repair is delayed overnight due to the unavailability of required parts.
Ask for full details when you sign up with Road America. Certain restrictions and/or exclusions apply.**)<<< Really?

They obviously have not been to Idaho or Montana or Wyoming... these places and there travels routes are in the middle of nowhere. 100 miles is nothing.
Anyway time to renew is coming up again... Your opinions brothers... keep it or remove it? :confused:

Last edited:
I have towing coverage with my insurance. Covers 100% to nearest dealer.

I have yet to join a HOG chapter. Been thinking about it tho. I decided it was too late in the year to pay full membership fee and I have 3 dealers in the area unsure witch I want to join.

Sent from the mobile leash

I kept it for the year ( softtail from 13-14).... went on many rides with the group and met a lot of great people I now call friends.

As far as keeping it now... nope... I won't...

I kept it for the year ( softtail from 13-14).... went on many rides with the group and met a lot of great people I now call friends.

As far as keeping it now... nope... I won't...

Why? If you don't mind me asking.

Why? If you don't mind me asking.

I dont see the need... I dont go to the monthly meetings... I ride when I want... with who I want... and if they have a run I am interested in... I can still go as a guest if I want...

As far as the rides are concerned... Our local chapter has at least 3-4 per week... anywhere from 50 miles to 400 miles... some of them go Friday-Sunday and overnighters...... Dinner rides, Lunch rides... Even Ladies of Harley ( LOH ) get together for SHOP AND RIDE nights....

Last edited:
The HOG org. is not worth having, especially the towing. Towing needs are better handled thru Triple A with the RV coverage. I want to ride this group is more about hanging out, my experience.
:eek:

Have been on the Hog wagon a couple of times. Had fun at Minnesota State Hog rallies but there really are no benefits. One year National subscription with new bike and the local chapter dues is $13 but I have known all these guys for years and ride with them occasionally anyway. I do get a %10 parts and clothing discount with the membership so that is worth the price.
In the day there was a big tadoo at the Rapid City convention center where HD introduced new bikes and products during Sturgis rally. The benefit of being a Hog member was a VIP area with available stale popcorn and a soft drink. It's basically market driven advertising. I will not say anything bad about HOG and have many friends that are long time members. Personally I belong to the No Club Club.

Best,

Blues

Last edited:
Guys- I'm a member because I'm active with the State HOG organization. One benefit they offer i like is my 18% ATT Wireless discount I get each month on my phone bill. I've found that when I stay in Best Western Hotels I am usually offered upgrades as well. As a road warrior it works for me but . . . It may not be for everyone. :eek:

I keep mine as well and really the AT&T discount is about the only "Benefit" I personally see. We are 60 miles from the nearest Dealership (Doesn't count their satellite t-shirt shop :D). I used to keep it specifically for the "Fly-n-ride" program which we did 3 times (British Columbia, Boston and Europe via Frankfurt) as it was a super deal and a chance to ride a current model year bike kind of like an extended test drive with some amazing scenery like Munich, Barcelona, The French Riviera, Monaco, etc... Apparently the Dealers didn't like it cuz it was less than 1/2 the price dealers charged directly for rentals......I just got another year of membership with the new bike but I'll likely have to look at the benefits long and hard when the next renewal comes along.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469