Harley may buy Ducati

This will likely just end up like the whole Buell debacle. Huge waste of time and money

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh I'm sure the Italians are just loving this ...... First the Germans now the Americans .....

I owned a Duc and they are nice bikes .... And I still own a very nice MV Agusta F4 ...... And HD did own MV at one point too .....

HD should take the money and come up with a real American Superbike and a Monster / Brutale style machine ......

It wouldn't be difficult for HD to get a few bikes out there that have the power of the other Superbikes ..... I think the Italians have the market when it comes to looks though ..... Ducati & MV Superbikes are beautiful .....

Well that would be interesting if it happened but what would the Europeans think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Honestly, if Harley is going to do the same as with MV Agusta (or Buell...) I hope this acquisition will never happen.

Audi ownership now seems to had been a waste of time for all aficionados with big expectations on potential technologies and resources to be provided by the Germans.

It is not possible to understand european bike culture and racing heritage without Ducati (among others) and for many of us, just thinking on Ducati been acquired by a so much different company such as H-D (not to mention the other potential buyers from India) sounds reallly...weird.

Don't get me wrong, I really love Harleys but also love Ducati (or old BMW boxers, classic Triumphs, KTM, Guzzi, etc.) or any other european bike with a special "personality"

It's a little like if Colt were to buy Sig. Um, no please. I love Colts and I love Sig's, but they need to stay separate

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lets be honest here Buell did not inspire many potential riders than Ducati currently does. Years ago I had a monster sitting next to my Fat Boy in the garage to satisfy that need for speed itch that would come up on occasion. I hate to admit I miss both those rides and I'm eyeing a Diavel to replace my VRod in the next couple of years.

I have a few friends who swear by Ducati.....and I'm pretty sure they hate my Harley.....wow...just to think I can then look them in the face and without cracking a smile....say "Welcome to Harley...."

The MOCO should be solely focused on their own core business model that's suffering miserably. Good for Ducati...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith