HD Fairing Wind Deflectors

FLHX14

Aug 30, 2014
Hello all.

I am trying to reduce buffeting and want to install the adjustable fairing deflectors. I am looking at HD p/n 57000529 and the picture showing on the HD site shows a gap between the part and the fairing. Is that accurate or just a bad picture? I would assume if there is truly a gap when mounted and closed it would be felt?

I installed the Kuryakyn wind deflector under the head of the bike and am looking for more buffeting reduction.

Any advice and feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've used these on my last 3 SG's. Although not pretty-they DO work quite well!

HDFD.jpg

FLHX14- When I added my hard lowers I thought I wouldn't need these anymore. Boy-was I wrong! ;)
I added a post a couple years back called "Anti buffeting kit"
Fork fangs
Fork tree baffle
Recurve windshield

FLHX14- When I added my hard lowers I thought I wouldn't need these anymore. Boy-was I wrong! ;)
I added a post a couple years back called "Anti buffeting kit"
Fork fangs
Fork tree baffle
Recurve windshield

I think I remember seeing that. I do have the baffle but am looking for a little more help. Thanks again for your input!

It took a) ride with vent open at all times b) fit Kuryakyn fork deflector c) fit Freedom Shield screen (tried HD's windsplitter but it was useless) before successfully eliminating buffeting from my 2015. Didn't need the fangs, thankfully.

It took a) ride with vent open at all times b) fit Kuryakyn fork deflector c) fit Freedom Shield screen (tried HD's windsplitter but it was useless) before successfully eliminating buffeting from my 2015. Didn't need the fangs, thankfully.

I did exactly what Tbird did and I am happy with the buffeting reduction.

Reactions: BillyBob

I too have the Kuryakyn fork deflector and an 8” Freedom Shield and the buffeting is almost non existent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165