Honey I shrunk the 1911

That sure is cute Mojo may have to look into one of those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Tom

1911 mouse gun...who would have thunk? I like it!
I just bought the wife a Smith&Wesson M&P Body guard 380.

Kimbers are "nasty expensive"*, if you like-look at the Sig Sauer P238, it's basically a simialr 1911 style gun.
They fit nicely in my back pocket in a sticky holster running Hornady Critical DefenseFTX 90 grain in a 7+1 extended magazine.

* since it was Christmas I just had to have it ! ! !

Colt put out the .380 Government model years ago...and a smaller version called the Mustang....

Its old news regarding mini .380 "1911" style semi's...

Chris

MOJO,
That's a great little pistol and a good choice for ammo.

FYI to all,
I'm a Kimber Master dealer located in KS.
I have those in stock along with their Solo which is their small 9mm.
I have a lot of other firearms also. If any one is interested I would extend a "good guy price" to any members.
Of course I would have to ship to a FFL dealer.
PM me with any requests and I'll shoot you a price.
Thanks

Colt put out the .380 Government model years ago...and a smaller version called the Mustang....

Its old news regarding mini .380 "1911" style semi's...

Chris

Actually I disagree, Most handguns are based on previous designs but yes you are correct- in 1983 Colt introduced the 4+1 shot Mustang 380 for Government employees primarily, in 1988, the Mustang Plus II was introduced and it had a slightly longer frame. Further, the Mustang Plus II held 2 more rounds and in 1993, the Night Light 380 was introduced with Tritium night sights. In 1996, Colt added a blued steel frame or stainless version. These models proved not to be very profitable because they were troublesome in their design and were quietly dropped in the early 2000’s. Sig Sauer seeing a surge in concealed carry weapons licensed the design from Colt and hit a home run with the P-238.
Late to the table in 2011, Colt reintroduced the previously discontinued Mustang Pocketlite. Fast-Forward, most recently, Kimber showed their own 380 Micro at the 2012 Shot Show but the model only started shipping in late 2013/early 2014. Based on the original Colt, Kimber re-designed the model as it can utilize both Colt and Sig magazines. As with all Kimber firearms it is expensive but the 380 has become a hot caliber for CCW. This is my favorite concealed carry but I change up based on temps and clothing.
I'm glad I live in a state that allows me to do so and feel for those who live in states that do not.

Last edited:
Mojo,
Meant no disrespect regarding your new purchase. I too use a 1911 for concealed carry but mine is a Springfield micro compact in .45...also in pic is my Colt Government. 380 similar to the new Kimber .380....
20150111_145412.jpg

Be well,
Chris

Attachments

• 20150111_145412.jpg
    20150111_145412.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
MOJO,
That's a great little pistol and a good choice for ammo.

FYI to all,
I'm a Kimber Master dealer located in KS.
I have those in stock along with their Solo which is their small 9mm.
I have a lot of other firearms also. If any one is interested I would extend a "good guy price" to any members.
Of course I would have to ship to a FFL dealer.
PM me with any requests and I'll shoot you a price.
Thanks

Hey farmboy, I'm over in Allen KS. If you have a store I'd like to stop in and look around.

Hello SGS Mark,
It's the Olathe Gun Shop. Stop by sometime and check it out.
We're open Mon. - Sat. and closed on Sunday.
Hope to see you sometime.

Mojo,
Meant no disrespect regarding your new purchase. I too use a 1911 for concealed carry but mine is a Springfield micro compact in .45...also in pic is my Colt Government. 380 similar to the new Kimber .380....

Be well,
Chris

Hi Chris - None taken my friend! I also have a Compact Kimber 45cal 1911.

farmboy- I might have to make a stop at your place on the way to Sturgis.

Mojo

Last edited:
Mojo,

Definitely stop by if you get a chance. I think you'll enjoy the shop.

So living in Nashville, you a picker?

Mojo,

Definitely stop by if you get a chance. I think you'll enjoy the shop.

So living in Nashville, you a picker?

EVERYBODY here is a picker! I've seen the very best there is (I'm not) and they'd starve to death if that was the only way they had to make a living. I have 9 guitars and enjoy them like I do the Street Glide and guns.
Guit1.jpgYeah, I'm a Lefty !

Yeah,
Looks like you git some nice stuff. I see we both suffer from the same afflictions. I got in the 6 string business late in life.
I've only been playing for a few years and I suck big time but having fun. I sold off some of my collection to
finance (justify) my SGS. Still have to many that don't get played but hate to get to thin.
Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469