International rear turn signal on US Spec Street glide

mbow4502

Sep 22, 2014
I shipped a 2015 Street Glide, US Spec, to the UK and I am trying to pass MOT (inspection). I got flagged for rear turn signals being all red instead of the required amber. Ordered up the LED international rear turn signal light bar and installed it. Right side is completely dead, the left side lights, but is non functional. LED turn signal in US spec works just fine. Did I get a bad International turn signal unit? Is there a setting on the bike's computer that needs set to "international turn signal" mode by the dealer. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

I shipped a 2015 Street Glide, US Spec, to the UK and I am trying to pass MOT (inspection). I got flagged for rear turn signals being all red instead of the required amber. Ordered up the LED international rear turn signal light bar and installed it. Right side is completely dead, the left side lights, but is non functional. LED turn signal in US spec works just fine. Did I get a bad International turn signal unit? Is there a setting on the bike's computer that needs set to "international turn signal" mode by the dealer. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

1bcd29497f993908ba4487c32561102b.jpg

This photo is from my electrical diagnostic manual. 1. There are differences in the wiring especially the output side going to the actual light. Look at the one marked (HDI) and then the one marked (DOM). 2. Put your bike in diagnostic mode with your international light bar installed, are there fault codes? 3. Is there a local Harley dealer where you are or can you call one and talk to them ? 4. Do your front turn signals have orange covers on them? I have LED turn signals on my bike as well, my front ones have clear covers and act as run lights and then turn orange when used as turn signals my tear ones are covered in red. What I don’t know is if there is a LED light pack that is orange/ red. Orange for turn and red for brake/ run that uses a clear cover.

2015 FLHXS Amber Whiskey; Thunder Max Tuner with Stage 1; Screaming Eagle air cleaner; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust mufflers; Ceramic coated headers; LED turn / run lights front & rear.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77