Klockwerks 6.5 inch

CVOStreetGlide

Sep 14, 2013
I recently purchased the windshield above for my Street Glide. I'm about 5'9" tall and that windshield stops just below my eye line. Took a while to get use to it as I previously had the stock windshield but was getting a lot of buffeting. This windshield works great, I just find that I have to raise up a bit to see over the windshield if I'm climbing a hill and coming over the top. I bought the smoke version but it's pretty dark. Not something you want to be looking through regularly to see the road, thus the reason for raising up as I'm climbing a hill. Didn't take long to install although this is a much more rigid windshield whereas the stock is a bit more flexible so you have to be careful with the windshield screws to get them down tight, which basically is conforming the windshield to the batwing fairing curve, but not so tight that you crack the windshield. Still get some buffeting but that's coming from the wind blowing from underneath the fairing, now looking for some adjustable air deflectors. I've tried to attach two pictures of the windshield below, don't know if they'll come through or not.

WP_20130916_002.jpgWP_20130916_003.jpg

I use the same windshield. I am 6'1" and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed the Klockwerks 6.5 on my 2014 street glide special and love it. I'm 6'3" and it was like night and day difference goin down the highway. I guess all I'm getting now as far as wind goes is from under the fairing and just waiting for the lower fairing deflectors to come out and put them on. Anyone heard how long till they come out for some for the 14 models?

Marine,
Did you snap any pics of it? I would like to see how it looks on the new fairing I am looking to get a new shield myself

Klockwerks website has pics of the 14 with their shield on it also, looks really nice with the sand camo paint.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Kws,

I knew that my jarhead brother had the same color bike as I do so I now know what it looks like on my bike. But thanks for the info I didn't see one on a charcoal gray bike when I looked at their site. Lol now it is like looking at mine.

Jay

Tall enough to work and short enuf to see over. I like mine plenty after trying a few. It was the one!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469