Lighting with King Tour Pack

jboogy44

Jul 12, 2014
Hey everyone,

I got a 2018 FLHXS and installed the King Tour Pack. Anyone have any lighting suggestions or post pictures of there rear end light set up? Currently I just have Custom Dynamics in the turn signals and the lower rear fender light.

Is this a Harley tour pak or after market ?? I have the Harley king tour pak with the LED kit custom dynamics LED bulbs and the 8 inch plasma rod's. If you can't see me from behind you shouldn't be on the road. Harley makes a wiring harness you can plug in under the seat. I think custom dynamics makes one also.

No my plasma rods are up and down along the fender and bags. You should be able to get the LED lights for the tour pack then like I said you can get a harness to plug it in. Takes me maybe 5 minutes to take mine off or put it on just unplug and roll harness up under the seat.

Here is an idea you might want to consider if you would like to have a quick disconnect tour pack lighting instead of removing the seat every time.
It doesn't matter if it is an after market or a Harley tour pack or if you are using after market or Harley LED brake/tail/turn light bar it will work. It does matter if it is not LED. Then different wire harness will be needed. If you purchase a Harley wire harness then you will always have to remove the seat for connection. New to the site so I haven't mastered the trick to loading photos yet. Sorry maybe soon.

Here's what I did.
I put an after market king tour pack from hog works on my 17 SGS. I bought the LED brake/tail/turn light bar from TCMT On amazon and mounted to the tour pack.
I bought the king tour pack wiring harness from Bad Dad and another harness from Namz (NTP-CB01) On amazon (This fits your bike). I installed the Namz harness under the seat--ran it to left side under frame rail and out side cover and routed it the trickle charger wire and zip tied together. I bought a small rubber grommet that fits the tour pack wire harness only not the connecter. I drilled a hole on the left front bottom corner side of tour pack that fits grommet. I removed harness end connecter, ran harness thru rubber grommet and reattached connecter (Water Tight). Position re-attached connecter right under tour pack were hole is, hanging vertical leaving tour pack harness to snake in side. (Buy a Liner). Now you can quick connect or quick disconnect to the Namz harness without any free play of wires rubbing any where. Truly plug and play!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
properMisfit