Limey alert

havinabubble

May 27, 2019
oi oi! from the other side of the pond...

choppers all my life, so not new to motorcycles or HD

Got myself a 2017 Charcoal Denim, Special

...can't wait to just ride the hell out it! :D

Welcome from Cincinnati Ohio

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amber Whiskey

hey Dutchman, you had me @ Amber Whiskey! :cool: ...absolutely LOVE that colour!

been threatening to build a bike in that colour for years. Back in the 90's I had my Model A Delivery roof painted in similar ...long before it became a household name!

the SGS look stunning in that colour IMHO

Welcome from a fellow Limey (Suffolk).

If you're not already a member, I can recommend the Harley Riders Club of Great Britain (H-DRCGB). An excellent crowd with plenty of parties/rallies and a helpful website: http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/

T-bird, cheers for the heads-up! :D I've been on this road for a long time fella ...so I'm pretty sorted for things to do and see and folk to hang out with ;)

just gonna get more miles done alot easier, now I have the SGS

Last edited:
Thanks I love this color. There was a Daytona Blue I think for 2014 that caught my eye but couldn’t find one to look over.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

nope hands down, better than the blue IMHO...

I was gonna travel 400 plus miles to a dealer who had an older Amber Whiskey SG,
but I got a better, more local, deal on a Charcoal Denim Special in the end (I really wanted the tec more than the colour)

Thanks I love this color. There was a Daytona Blue I think for 2014 that caught my eye but couldn’t find one to look over.

I had looked at several Street Glide Specials before pulling the trigger on the 2015 then Harley started changing things again. I like my air cooled 103 no need to go bigger for me. I haven’t made to many changes but am considering changing the headlight to LED type from the factory halogen.

I had looked at several Street Glide Specials before pulling the trigger on the 2015 then Harley started changing things again. I like my air cooled 103 no need to go bigger for me. I haven’t made to many changes but am considering changing the headlight to LED type from the factory halogen.

well I have to say I thought it disappointing that the SG doesn't come with LED as standard....
fortunately mine has been converted (with a ton of other tasteful bolt on goodies too)

I was initially set on a 2015 SGS myself which again was tricked up...but wasn't quite me in the paint and style dept.

After a month of 'umming and aahhhing' I finally went to put the money down (as it was a good jump off point) only to be beaten by 3 others! (snooze you lose!)
2 hours later I was offered a 2017 with M8, in a style & colour I just luv, and I'm over the moon!

take delivery tomorrow (I'm being told)

Ride safe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith