Livewire

Very cool.

Just my personal opinion. I don't think the public is ready or want a electric bike. For the vast of majority of people motorcycles are a luxury where as a car in a lot of places is a necessity to get to work. So motorcycles are a hard sell to begin with. Then most of the motorcyclists I know are "gear-heads". Like me they like the mechanical side of motorcycles. It's part of the allure.

The first thing I'd be concerned with is range. What is the range of one of those. IMO, it would have to do 200-250 miles to be even close to worthwhile...

The next thing would be the sound or lack of. IMO, there is nothing like the sound of motorcycle whether it's a Harley's V-twin, a Ducati's V-twin or V-4 now, a thumper, or my all-time favorite a two-stroke. The "whine" of an electric motor, just doesn't appeal to me.

While I have other thoughts, one final one is the cost. I'm sure being electric like other electric vehicles it's going to be expensive. Then add in it's a Harley, it's going to be more expensive... An electric bike would have to be price-competitive with something like the new craze, Scramblers... Sub 10k

With all that said, IF they were to come in at ~10k I'd consider one as a novelty....

Pretty sure I'm not ready for one of those but they are cool. Will have it see how many they sell with that 20 plus price tag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave