Look for a new windshield...

MKA_5966

Jul 6, 2016
Anyone know of an aftermarket company that makes a windshield that closely resembles the factory contour look and tint? I'd like one that 2" tall that doesn't have all the slipstream bends and what not. I actually like the OEM look, just looking for a little more wind blockage. Thank in advance.

You might go check on line because there is a lot of after market makers. Long ride shields, Freedom, Wind vest, Clearview, Klockwerks, Memphis shades, and these are just a few to look at. Most anymore will have a recurve on the top edge to push the air up over your head.

Anyone know of an aftermarket company that makes a windshield that closely resembles the factory contour look and tint? I'd like one that 2" tall that doesn't have all the slipstream bends and what not. I actually like the OEM look, just looking for a little more wind blockage. Thank in advance.

If you want maximum wind blockage with an ultra short rise, you'll really only get this in my opinion from a windshield that has the "bends" such as a Slipstreamer, Klock Werks FLARE or similar styles. These styles are ultimately designed to throw the air up and over/around the rider which will help with airflow issue whereas the short flat OEM style windshield throws up choppy, dirty air right in the riders face.

I personally ride with the Klock Werks FLARE (6" dark smoke) and feel as though it was night and day better than the OEM windshield for me. They are also available in 3.5" or 4" rise which will provide some wind flow relief as well but not to the same effect as the taller versions.

https://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/product/klock-werks-flare-windshield-harley-davidson/

Hope this helps!!

Lindsey :0)

I replaced the original with HD's Windsplitter, which was rubbish in terms of both quality (thinner) and diverting the wind. I've just fitted Freedom Shield's 5", medium tint equivalent. It's sturdy, same thickness as original and not dissimilar in appearance (I too was initially worried about the style) but it makes for a far less tiring ride (vent open). The difference is chalk and cheese and well worth the change.

I replaced the original with HD's Windsplitter, which was rubbish in terms of both quality (thinner) and diverting the wind. I've just fitted Freedom Shield's 5", medium tint equivalent. It's sturdy, same thickness as original and not dissimilar in appearance (I too was initially worried about the style) but it makes for a far less tiring ride (vent open). The difference is chalk and cheese and well worth the change.

Thanks for the heads up. Going to check their site out. Much appreciated.

If you want maximum wind blockage with an ultra short rise, you'll really only get this in my opinion from a windshield that has the "bends" such as a Slipstreamer, Klock Werks FLARE or similar styles. These styles are ultimately designed to throw the air up and over/around the rider which will help with airflow issue whereas the short flat OEM style windshield throws up choppy, dirty air right in the riders face.

I personally ride with the Klock Werks FLARE (6" dark smoke) and feel as though it was night and day better than the OEM windshield for me. They are also available in 3.5" or 4" rise which will provide some wind flow relief as well but not to the same effect as the taller versions.

https://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/product/klock-werks-flare-windshield-harley-davidson/

Hope this helps!!

Lindsey :0)

Thanks for the info Lindsey. I think I've settle on the Klockwerks 6.5". Took the measurements this weekend. should be perfect. You ship out same day? Thanks!

Klock.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77