looking for some one that can engrave a derby cover

iron mule

Mar 11, 2017
hey guys need some help here
I am looking for some one or a company that can do accustom engraving or etching on a derby cover for me
seems all that I have contacted will not take on the job due to the fact they are afraid that they can not line it up correctly

do any of you know of anyone I can go to with this
any and all help will be appreciated
thanks
mule

Any trophy shop should be able to handle this. They usually do trophies that can be any shape and size. Jewelry stores may as well but I suspect they are the ones telling you about alignment issues.

thanks for the info and link CoHam was exactly what I needed

Larry37807 you are exactly right about the jewelry stores worrying about the alignment and the trophy shops I spoke with wanted at least 5 orders to do a job
guess some places just don't want to do business with the common folk
thanks guys you have been a big help
mule

I'm pretty sure someone on here sent one out & had it done.... not sure of the place?? Legacy baggers?? Maybe they will chime in? Chris

I tried the Custom Engraving place, didn't have a good experience and ended up not ordering from them. There's a guy on the HD forum that does it and have seen some of his work, screen name is "Story808" Legacy Baggers might also be a good one to check with as Chris suggested.

thanks chris
sent a note to legacy baggers about this

scott thanks for your in put on custom engraving
so far I am not having a good feeling from them

called and sent the mock up of what I wanted asked for a proof to be sent before the actual work was done
all I can get from them is to pay before they do any thing

I am sure that they do good work I just tried to explain to them that I wanted to see and approve what I was buying before I paid for it at 200 plus this should be standard policy for a custom shop
mule

asked for proof again before work was done and if I did not like the design could it be changed or if I could get a refund no answer about that yet

I had the same issue, and it's not that hard to answer a simple question OR put a FAQ up on the web site with those questions and answers. Good luck getting it done, and when you do post a picture, I still haven't gotten around to doing mine.

hey lickmstickman
found some one to do it but have not got the work done yet had some issues come up and been busy with them
hopefully will get it going after the first of the year
will post some pics and more info when it get the finished product for you all to see and comment on
mule

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith