M8 whistling sound at idle

NGOT8R

Feb 15, 2015
Has anyone experienced a whistling sound at idle on their M8? I finally took mine out for a ride since the rear rocker box oil leak was repaired. The bike seems to perform fine without any mods and idles between 850-900 rpm.

I had this issue when I had my Rushmore model. Turns out the Exhaust flange bolts were loose. After tightening them I added an additional nut to each one. While your at it, check the cross pipe bolts underneath the chassis.

I had this issue when I had my Rushmore model. Turns out the Exhaust flange bolts were loose. After tightening them I added an additional nut to each one. While your at it, check the cross pipe bolts underneath the chassis.

Will do. Thanks Mojo.

Rushmore noises:
Another "whistle" I had was air coming in around the right side Juke box USB door. It drove me crazy because I could never pinpoint it. It only whistled above 40 mph. I finally pulled the fairing shell off and stuffed some foam rubber around the backside "pocket" and it stopped. My new M8 doesn't have that problem.

My air vent flap would "buzz" at about 50 mph+. A warranty replacement cured that-mine was warped and the airflow caused it to vibrate. Again, the M8 doesn't do that either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77