making the switch.

mynamejeff

Jul 20, 2015
Hello from nebraska! Im signing up a little early, im currently on a sporty 1200 but went and test rode a 2014 flhx this last weekend and that is definately what im getting, but i do have a few questions about what it comes with new, regarding saddlebags, engine guards, floorboards, etc.

Hello from nebraska! Im signing up a little early, im currently on a sporty 1200 but went and test rode a 2014 flhx this last weekend and that is definately what im getting, but i do have a few questions about what it comes with new, regarding saddlebags, engine guards, floorboards, etc.

Welcome from Bayview, TX

Take a look at the 2014, maybe this can answer your questions!
http://www.harley-davidson.com/cont...es/2014-motorcycles/touring/street-glide.html

Last edited:
Welcome to the fun and you have come to the right place for answers.

Welcome from Lake Havasu City, AZ.....home of the London Bridge.

You'll find everything you want to know much faster with just a little effort using the "Search" feature in the upper right hand corner of this page ;)

Enjoy the new ride!!

Welcome to SGF, answers here are free and there are no silly questions!

Thanks everybody. I sat down on and fell in love with a denim black street glide special. What im wondering is if it comes with engine guard/saddlebag guard, and air ride rear shocks stock, or if dealership put those on it. Also curious if its worth the extra couple grand for the special and if so, why? And i guess as long as im asking, how much it cost about to get everything needed to install a tour-pak, as i do plan on getting one.

Engine guard , yes. Saddlebag guard, no. Air ride, no. As much as I love my glide, if you add up the cost of all of the add ons including a trunk, I'd think about considering a Ultra Limited in either a standard or low. If you'll be riding two up much, it's the way I'd go. Sold my last Limited because I am riding solo now.

Comparing specifications on HD's website will help you know what is standard equipment.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Engine guard , yes. Saddlebag guard, no. Air ride, no. As much as I love my glide, if you add up the cost of all of the add ons including a trunk, I'd think about considering a Ultra Limited in either a standard or low. If you'll be riding two up much, it's the way I'd go. Sold my last Limited because I am riding solo now.

Comparing specifications on HD's website will help you know what is standard equipment.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Thanks for the info. The only thing missing that i actually care much for is the tour pack. And i can do without for a while if i have to but im probably gonna try to get em throw it on with p&a when i get it. I still do mostly solo riding i just like the option of 2up, the sporty makes it hard. I bring my daughter out sometimes but its far from ideal. As far as seating, ill probably replace on whatever bike i get. I have a hard time believing any stocker seat will beat my mustang. I personally thing the sg is just a better looking bike also haha

As much as I love my glide, if you add up the cost of all of the add on's including a trunk, I'd think about considering a Ultra Limited in either a standard or low. If you'll be riding two up much, it's the way I'd go.
This is the $64K question....in my case I really like the look of the SGS better and the special came with better suspension, ABS and even that POS radio:rolleyes: So even though we ride 2-up 90% of the time. I was able use the King-tour pack from my last bike (Already the right color) so I went that way. I remove the tour pack for all but extended trips and just go with the backrest and rack when we are doing local rides....whichever way you go this bike is an awesome ride!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469