NEW Fairing Mirror Treatment

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
As I was looking at the new Chrome (or Gloss Blk) fairing vent treatment I ran across this:
Mirror.pngMirror2.pngMirror3.png
The mirrors P/N 56000091 attach to the chrome trim strip P/N 57400254 on the fairing.
They're on the HD website under parts.

Yeah I saw those in the parts appendix at the dealer. Did you see the carbon fiber pieces for the dash?

Those look interesting.........Hopefully they will be out wider than the stock location.........I added a set of my old standard mirrors (from Road King) the other day and I was amazed how much better I could see behind me with just a couple more inches out :D

Paul65- I was wondering if these would add more wind buffeting in the facial area.

Make me one Mojo.

Bstreetglide; All I did was buy the dash kit from HD (Gauge Trim Kit-61400200)
and cover the instrument plate with Carbon Fiber contact sheet. It started as an experiment but it looked so good I used it! I got a roll of the vinyl off eBay and put it on with a blow dryer.
HD sells one similar to mine now . . . . It has the engine turned design for $50, (Part Number 61400284)

Last edited:
Paul65- I was wondering if these would add more wind buffeting in the facial area.
Yeah.....good question.

With the standard mirrors installed I have angled the fairing mirrors wider so I now get good rearward as well as peripheral viability as well.........just not sure if I like the look of 2 sets of mirrors on the bike.......Hmmmmm????

I like the design.. but buffeting could be a factor for sure. Only issue I would have is my bars would STILL be in the way of my rear view...

So . . . . I was at an HD Seminar today and was told that the Daymaker is in its 3rd revision. The latest changes the connector on the back so you no longer need the adapter cable. Price reduction as well $399.

So . . . . I was at an HD Seminar today and was told that the Daymaker is in its 3rd revision. The latest changes the connector on the back so you no longer need the adapter cable. Price reduction as well $399.

Better late than never... but... CRAP!!!!

Thanks guys, I was easy once I had the dash kit (Gauge Trim Kit-61400200)
from Harley. The carbon fiber roll was only a few dollars on eBay and there's enough left to do about 6 more panels!

Are there two different Daymaker LED's? I see the one for 399 but it says it's a reflector style, 67700189. I still see the Daymaker LED 73390-10A for 524. Am I missing something?

Thanks guys, I was easy once I had the dash kit (Gauge Trim Kit-61400200)
from Harley. The carbon fiber roll was only a few dollars on eBay and there's enough left to do about 6 more panels!

Maybe we should talk... :).

How was the installation?

Maybe we should talk... :).

How was the installation?

eberky- It was easy. Once I had the CF on the dash plate it has adhesive strips to hold it in place. Next the Chrome trim rings go on over the plate. NOT counting the hour it took to cut and apply the CF, the rest went on in less than 15 minutes. HD just cam out with both the engine turned AND CF design already done for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith