New From AZ

03hdfatboy

Sep 30, 2012
This is my 2012 Street Glide I bought last August.
SoakinguptheSun.jpg

I didn't get to ride it much this summer due to another shoulder surgery after my motorcycle accident last July headed to a brother bikers wedding on my 03 fatty after someone abruptly changed lanes on a freeway on-ramp and busted me up good, I broke my right foot nearly off at the ankle (doc said if I hadn't been wearing leather boots I could have possibly lost my foot) dislocated both shoulders, broken right hand & wrist, left humorous had a spiral break & collar bone. So now I have a metal plate and a bunch of pins (screws) in my arm and right ankle.
The insurance company totaled the bike but let me buy it back for 3k. Good thing I kept all the receipts from all the work I did, got top dollar for it.
I'm slowly getting the Fatty back together, it's not as spotless or scratchless but hey neither am I. ;)
This is what it looked like before the wreck:
IMG_1068.jpg

I'll never part from it and plan to leave it to my son when I go to meet my maker. It's very fast. Right now it's rideable but in drastic need of several parts to get it roadworthy. I plan on modding it in the future to accept a 180 rear tire. Still having issues with my shoulder after two months of rehab and not sure if its ever going to be normal again.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.. Sharp looking bike... Hopefully your shoulder will come back full strength soon.

Spoiler

Welcome FB. Hope you get all those kinks worked out. Look forward to seeing some pics when you start putting the FB back together.

Welcome to the forum from Michigan. I went thru the wreck thing back in 03' when a lady turned in front of me on a highway the powers to be estimated I hit her doing 50, sounds like we had much the same injury wise. What part of Az are you from? I lived in Glendale a couple of years love riding in the desert. Good luck on healing up, I'm sure you will.

thanks everyone for the warm welcome. DP I'm in the big town of Maricopa :) I had quit my old job, found a new one so I sold most of my junk and one week before I planned on moving was when I got in my wreck in Myrtle Beach, SC. On July 2nd. 2 weeks later, My wife and I took turns driving my 1995 F250 7.3PS ExCab Loaded down & pulling a loaded trailer all the way here roughly 2400 miles with a cast and sling on one arm a wrist brace on the other and a cast on one leg. Cut cast off with a hack saw pulled staples out with a pair of Gerber Multi pliers and started my new job here in AZ on July 28th 2011 and worked 10 hours the first day, When I got off work that day my sock was stuck to my foot with dry blood so when I removed the sock it looked like someone removed it with a knife. LOL I think it was John Wayne that said "if your gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough."

Cool story. I think your right about the John Wayne quote. I been stupid so long I think I just grew into the tough thing!

Cool story. I think your right about the John Wayne quote. I been stupid so long I think I just grew into the tough thing!

LOL on the tough thing!

BTW:
John Wayne has a Ranch house less than 5 miles from mine that he bought when shooting movies here to hide from the public, nearly all of the streets here are named after him or named after one of his movies. The main Road into town is John Wayne Parkway :)

Getting the fatty back together. Replaced bent 1" drag bars with 1-1/2" and wow what a difference 1/2" makes. (I know.. That's what she said!). Replaced switches and wires, Put new Dunlop K591. It appears to be 5/8" wider than the stock 404. I had to shim on pulley side 3/8" to shift tire over to keep it from rubbing finder. Looks good and FAT underneath it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349452949.056808.jpg
Replaced cam cover, Straightened mount for right side and Replaced floorboard, rear break peddle, master cylinder break lines and chopped up front pipe from a friends stock 07 ST heritage replace mine with a little cutting and welding it worked fine. Rode it yesterday. It is still my favorite bike! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349453381.559009.jpgIt's not perfect but it'll do till I can afford to get it like I want it. Decided not to put a PhatTire kit on the back, I like the way it is and afraid it wouldn't ride the same and I'd be disappointed.

Got the FB looking good FB...LOL...Don't blame you for not changing the rear tire. Might look good but it wouldn't handle the same.

Gas is not as good as back in nc. All gas stations have up to 10% ethanol here and only 91 octane. So to get the "good stuff" u gotta get the 110 racing fuel. My fatty loves it but at $8/gal my wallet don't

Looks great! Glad you were able to get a little saddle time. Still a little warm out there isn't it? I remember mid October as my favorite time to ride in the desert it was starting to cool off and get a little greener before winter would hit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469