New Glide in the future

Jimbo670

Jul 18, 2014
I recently lost my 2015 STGS to a garage fire. Looking to get a new bike of course. Don't know if I want to go with the 103 or end up with the new Milwaukee eight. What kind of luck is everybody having with the Milwaukee eight. Is there a fix for the sumping problem. Looking for opinions. TIA

So I just went from a 103 on my 11 SG to the 107 M8 on my 18 SG. The M8 from a performance perspective is definitely superior in my opinion. Smoother, cooler and I love the high end.

That said I've been looking at doing a project bike and think the 2014 to 2016 models are a better price point to start with.

Curious too what others think about the 103 vs the M8, especially now that the M8 is what, 5 years into production?

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

New Glide in the future

I recently lost my 2015 STGS to a garage fire. Looking to get a new bike of course. Don't know if I want to go with the 103 or end up with the new Milwaukee eight. What kind of luck is everybody having with the Milwaukee eight. Is there a fix for the sumping problem. Looking for opinions. TIA

2021 coming out soon! Let’s see what happens. I’m looking to upgrade to the Milwaukee 8. I like my 103, but would like a little more power!

Sounds like they are working the problems out of these new bikes with the M8. Going to keep my 14 for a little longer unless I come across the right deal. Have some motor work to do this winter.

I've had Two M8's: a '17 & current '18. I've never had a single oil pump issue on either. That said - it WAS a real issue with some performance upgrades. "I've been told" that from late 2019 thru current models, the issue has been resolved. I love the refined performance over the Twin cam but I personally don't think the M8 has as good of exhaust tone as the twin cam does and that's thru my 4.5 Rineharts.
ciro.jpeg

So I pulled the plug on a twin cam project bike. '15 SGS, w/ 5k miles on it. Not sure it will end up as great looking as @cobranick 's project? Going to ride it like I stole it in Feb or Mar across the Southwest, then get to work on it later in the year.
f5d16449b32b22581b3a9df0cf165c8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469