New Harley's Coming in 2019 / 2020

Not a fan of electric. HD and electric seems....silly. But we will see. They definitely are changing to appeal to the younger crowd. They are into adventure biking and the cafe racers. But one things will tell if they make it or not. And it is what I hear over and over from younger riders. Price first. If they price these way above what others are doing, they won’t sell. Even with HD labels. I haven’t seen all the specs but safety is also a high priority for the same age group. They like the safety features that add stability to the bike. Those will need to be there too. HD is in a tough spot. Appealing to two different types of riders and who have two completely different desires in a bike. I like gas fed, less cumbersome electronics and the ability to customize. I know the younger crowd wants lower price, high safety, smaller bikes that are eco-friendly. We will see if they can pull it off.

I guess it's time to appeal to the younger generation and get their share of that market. Price will be the biggest thing because if it's over priced they will stick to the cheaper bikes out there. May have to check out the adventure bike as there are thousands of off road miles in Nevada.

Should be interesting to see if they can be competitive in the classes they are going after in performance as well as price. I know a couple people that would be interested in the adventure bike for sure if it is on par with the rest of the class.

I saw a Livewire in person back in 2014.
I liked it though it's not really my style.( I loved the sound though)
I like the 1250 Custom that looks a bit like a sportster sized Fatbob.
But from what I've been seeing on the roads a lot lately I think the Pan American will be a big hit if it isn't priced out of reach.
Again -not my type of bike, but popular.

I saw a Livewire in person back in 2014.
I liked it though it's not really my style.( I loved the sound though)
I like the 1250 Custom that looks a bit like a sportster sized Fatbob.
But from what I've been seeing on the roads a lot lately I think the Pan American will be a big hit if it isn't priced out of reach.
Again -not my type of bike, but popular.
Did you ride one? They are stupid fast lol..... i had a blast riding one (the livewire), i would buy one if it wasn't more than $20K. The bike is just what they need to get new blood interested, IE Younger millenials.
Tim

The new FXDR looks very cool too!
119ftlbs of torque in a bike that weighs about as much as a Sportster? Damn!
But pricey...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith