New SG owner :)

tderksen1971

Jun 19, 2019
I just purchased my first SG. I have ridden my 2009 FXSTC since it was new.
Right off the bat, I ordered the V&H 2:2 Big Radius pipes. I love the sound.
However, the rear footpeg is maybe 1/8" above the pipes and after 30 miles, I already have a mark on the pipes from the peg hitting them.
Does anyone have a suggestion for relocating the footpeg lower, like beside the pipes?
My wife has long legs and the last thing I want is the pegs to go higher. All the mounts I have found raise the peg up. What I would like to do is raise the mount, but lower the peg.

Congrats and welcome,there are a couple companys that make adjustable mounts with many positions,i would check into that route.

Welcome to the fun. They make all kinds of things to move those pegs around up, down, and out. Maybe a floor board instead of a peg.

Unfortunately, With the V&H big radius 2:2 there is nothing I can do except mount the pegs higher, making the ride more uncomfortable for the passenger. I spoke to V&H and shared some pictures with them. All they had to say was that with some of their pipes, you can't have a passenger, and with the 2018 streetglide, you have to raise the pegs higher. I will be removing the pipes tonight and putting the stock pipes back on. Last time I purchase anything from V&H. :(

Sorry to hear that. If your looking to get different exhaust check out Iron Aces a sponsor here they have the best prices on different systems. Pretty sure you can sell the other exhaust pretty fast. I'm running the D&D exhaust and love it but it's not cheap. This is my third exhaust set up so we are never happy after hearing another or for performance gains.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I received my new windshield(s) from Freedom Shields this week. Tried the 7" touring and today I am trying the 8" standard. I will say that I like the touring windshield. It flows so much better with the lines of the batwing than the harley windshield. I am looking forward to trying the 8" touring windshield. If anyone is looking for a windshield, i recommend Freedom Shields (http://freedomshields.net)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave