Nice rack...

corey45k

Aug 6, 2015
Sat in the pouring rain all day yesterday for this one...8 points, 16" spread.
7695a27c098dcb8be595329490073ad2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor deer....I once ran over 4 with my truck..when I went back to gut one, they all jumped up and ran.....hahah

Congrats, on a great deer. It's a little more gratifying when you get one in crappy weather.

Sat in the pouring rain all day yesterday for this one...8 points, 16" spread.
7695a27c098dcb8be595329490073ad2.jpg

NICE, There is not enough time ride, hunt, fish, shoot.... but I am damm sure going to do as much of it as I can, before I can't. Funny, sometimes I can't remember to fix things around the house but I remember every deer I've seen while hunting.

NICE, There is not enough time ride, hunt, fish, shoot.... but I am damm sure going to do as much of it as I can, before I can't. Funny, sometimes I can't remember to fix things around the house but I remember every deer I've seen while hunting.

True story, brother...true story!!

As a hunter I always find it funny to see hunters proud of a rack or I killed a deer! Some people who hang their heads on the wall and are so proud of a rack are kinda of a gloat. Understand we are shooting or using a bow to hunt an animal that is unaware he is about to die, no protection on his part, no warning. Yet humans act like they did such a noble thing and look how powerful I am... Are you hunting for food for your family or for the recognition of " Hey look what I shot!"
Use a bow to hunt and make it kinda of a fair fight, nothing to be proud of using a rifle at how ever many yards and saying I got em!...
One can say cool I have food for my family now, yet look at the rack on this animal... look how nice and big this rack is...
Class B personality, or type A

Glad you were able to obtain food for you and your family.

As a hunter I always find it funny to see hunters proud of a rack or I killed a deer! Some people who hang their heads on the wall and are so proud of a rack are kinda of a gloat. Understand we are shooting or using a bow to hunt an animal that is unaware he is about to die, no protection on his part, no warning. Yet humans act like they did such a noble thing and look how powerful I am... Are you hunting for food for your family or for the recognition of " Hey look what I shot!"
Use a bow to hunt and make it kinda of a fair fight, nothing to be proud of using a rifle at how ever many yards and saying I got em!...
One can say cool I have food for my family now, yet look at the rack on this animal... look how nice and big this rack is...
Class B personality, or type A

Glad you were able to obtain food for you and your family.

Interesting.

You're definitely entitled to your opinions, but why the soapbox? Yes, I do hunt to harvest food for my family, and I also hunt for the sport. I use the time as a tradition with my daughters, and soon my grandson, to pass down the trials and tribulations of our ancestors...it is a very meaningful bonding moment, one that I will hold dear until my last moments. And being able to keep a trophy or memento from a hunt, is not only a reminder of those moments, but also a way to always pay homage to the marvels of nature. I am not a god-fearing man, but I respect nature and always give back to it any way I can.

I don't agree with the commercialization of the sport, and how some people do gloat and advertise such things, I figured the audience here would be able to appreciate the beauty of my accomplishment this year.

If it offended you, I apologize.

When you take it out of context, then sure, it doesn't.

I, personally approach this thread like this...

There's an old saying we've ALL probably used, or at least thought about using on occasion with all due respect to the recipient.

"IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN, THEN YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND".

It's what makes this old planet keep rotating while maintaining its balance. We're all pretty different in how we stay the same and how we maintain sanity...
...just my 4.5 cents worth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90