No cruise control

Tonebone

Jul 18, 2017
Got on bike yesterday and noticed cruise control would not come on when selected, no orange light in the Speedo. Checked to see if maybe lights were just out and cruise still worked, but no go. Then, I noticed the temperature on the info panel wasn’t working either
Checked that brake lights worked when activating front and rear brakes, all ok. Checked fuses, all ok.
I guess next step would be to remove and disassemble switch housing and see if there is anything obviously wrong in there. Anyone ever do this? Any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance....Tonebone

Have you recently done any mods like handlebars or removing outer fairing shell? Do you see any codes on the speedo?
I could be an open wire somewhere grounding out or disconnected.

No recent work on the bike. Only codes were from where I had pulled the fuses and checked them, a UO 100 and 118 I believe. Not sure where else to go other than switch area, since I don’t even get a light when I activate the switch. Thanks

Read an old thread where the FP3 was causing the issue. Returned bike to original map, and cruise came back . He said Vance and Hines rewrote his canned Map and he reinstalled, and all was well. Guess I have to atleast try that. Guess I’m gonna out my original map back in and see what happens. Thanks

Removed MAP from FP3 and cruise and temp gauge came back. Contacted VH customer service and they rewrote the MAP with fixes in it. Downloaded new MAP and everything is good.

Removed MAP from FP3 and cruise and temp gauge came back. Contacted VH customer service and they rewrote the MAP with fixes in it. Downloaded new MAP and everything is good.

The knowledge on the forum is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77