phone compartment foam insert?

mike60110

Mar 20, 2018
Someone had the balls to steal mine! came out and it was gone. I have searched everywhere and i either dont know the correct part name or it does not exist? Anyone know where i can get this part other than the Harley store?

No clue on the part# - I have heard of people making there own for various reasons such as more room in the cut out etc..

Mine was missing when I got my bike (previous owner must have removed) I looked around online and found that Boardtrackerharleyonline has this: (FOAM INSERT,MEDIA COMPARTMENT - 57000299) I haven't pulled the trigger on it, but I am thinking about getting one........runs about 14 bucks.

Took mine out because nothing would fit in there. If i can find it i would mail it to ya. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

00ddf6375c5349730e8c0a92905c03f3.jpg

c789252949061ca831fbc5547683bd0e.jpg

ebce3b52b6ac2c0af5fbc9cb45a639fd.jpg

First one to pm me an address can have it. 2014 streetglide

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Mike I have one I'll give you. This thing is a PIA in my opinion. The last 2 SG's I've had I removed this and lined the compartment with 1/8 adhesive backed black foam sheeting from Walmart. I can get both my iPhone and wallet in there at the same time! See my post here under tips and tricks.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Juke.jpg
    Juke.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1
Mike I have one I'll give you. This thing is a PIA in my opinion. The last 2 SG's I've had I removed this and lined the compartment with 1/8 adhesive backed black foam sheeting from Walmart. I can get both my iPhone and wallet in there at the same time! See my post here under tips and tricks.
https://streetglide.com/attachment.php?
attachmentid=14383&stc=1

Mojo told me about the Walmart adhesive back foam about a year ago. I couldn’t fit anything in my “phone box” with that stupid factory foam insert in there. I did as Mojo suggested and it’s been great. I sure as heck would not spend money to get that Harley foam POS.

This is just what I’m looking for my phone constantly makes the door open. Anyone have luck with a aftermarket foam. Mine was missing when I purchased the bike.

Hey Mojo, where do I find "tips and tricks"?

Right here . . . . . . .
Guys, Have you noticed the foam rubber filler slot in the media compartment is way too thin to comfortably get your phone in and out of???
I pulled mine out and used it as a template with some black 1/16 thick adhesive backed neoprene sheeting and replace it in the compartment. Now its wide enough for phone or billfold or sunglasses and, it only cost me about $6. I found it at a crafts store.

radiopocket6 copy.JPGradiopocket copy.JPG

No clue on the part# - I have heard of people making there own for various reasons such as more room in the cut out etc..

Reference: HD-57000299
FOAM INSERT,MEDIA COMPARTMENT
Brand: Harley-Davidson®
MPN: 57000299

ordered one only yesterday to replace my butchered one, as I no longer have my freewire in the jokebox {sic} media compartment now I've gone Sony XAV-AX7000

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave