Primary oil change

Bluemont

Aug 15, 2021
I'm rapidly approaching time for my 1000 mile service. I've read up on how to do it in the manual. For changing the primary oil, the manual says to replace the clutch inspection cover seal while you're in there. Can someone point me towards a part number for it that you use to order it? I haven't found it yet. And I'd be interested in if there's certain o-rings you buy to replace the ones on the plugs or if you just use generic ones (I have a bunch that would probably fit).

You can buy replacement drain plug o-rings on Amazon. The cover seal can be re-used. Just remove it from the cover and wipe any oil out of the groove, then put it back in place.

I'm rapidly approaching time for my 1000 mile service. I've read up on how to do it in the manual. For changing the primary oil, the manual says to replace the clutch inspection cover seal while you're in there. Can someone point me towards a part number for it that you use to order it? I haven't found it yet. And I'd be interested in if there's certain o-rings you buy to replace the ones on the plugs or if you just use generic ones (I have a bunch that would probably fit).

I have been using these for a while and they work perfectly for all 3 fluid drain plugs. $5 for 100.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181701840583

drain plug orings.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165