Quit starting

Spockscoot

Jun 5, 2024
Belle Plaine Kansas
Last week, I was trying to wire up the tour Pak I had added to my Street Glide, but I somehow messed up with what I was doing. The Purple People Eater is a 2012 FLHX, with a Frankenstein conversion. While I was doing this, I tried to start her up, but the startup sequence, (the check engine light, battery light, etc.), that comes on when the switch is turned to the on position, never lit up. the neutral light, and the low oil light between the turn signal lights come on, as does the headlight, turn signals, and radio. I've chased everything down to just 2 possible points. One being the TSSM, (turn signal security module), or the ECM. I went to the local HD 'ship, and was told they wouldn't touch it because it is a modified bike. I've had PPE for 5 weeks, and right now can't ride. Any ideas? I am waiting to get her in with an independent shop at the moment.

Dumb question, but have you checked the fuses? Are your battery connections clean and tight?

Dumb question, but have you checked the fuses? Are your battery connections clean and tight?
Affirmative on both counts. Seems when I turn the switch on, the neutral indicator, and tbe oil pressure indicator, between the turn indicators, comes on, as does the radio, headlight and turn/running/brake lights. No turn signal operations, none of the lights in the speedo that come on when switched on. Nocheck engine light, charging light. When I flip the kill switch to the on position, the fuel pump does run. Even the odometer is out. It has me baffled.

Sounds like the tssm has given up the ghost. You've got everything else besides what goes thru the speedo, so that kinda rules out the ecm going bad.

That's what I am thinking. The local stealership won't even try to help. They said it's a modified bike, ( the Frankenstein trike conversion), and they don't work on them. But, I've seen many that have been heavily modified by that very dealership, being worked on in their shop. I've got an independent shop willing to do it, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlest