Radio on After Startup

Sleeper

Dec 28, 2020
After I start the bike, the radio is on. I could not find in the owners manual how to keep the radio off until you want it on. Only solution I have found so for is to keep the speakers off and turn off after start. Just seems like a pain every time.

I have a 2018 with the newer Boombox GTS radio. You can't turn off the radio by itself- only lower the volume. You can power down the entire head unit by holding the power switch for 5 seconds.

I can't quite remember if my 6.5GT did this, but I seem to recall my radio remaining in the state it powered off.

in other words hold the power and power it off... THEN turn ignition off.
Go get a cup of tea and come back to it. Turn ignition on and the radio should remain off (you can't just flick the ignition off and on to test)

like Mojo says you can always lower the volume before ignition off
the volume thing would often catch me off-guard when I turned the bike on and forgot I'd been listening to something mellow and calming by Metallica on the previous ride :D

...I seem to remember whenever i'd powered the inFRUSTRATION system off the night before, on the ride home in the dark due to the white light,
that the radio stayed off the following morning when I went to ride again

YMMV

After I start the bike, the radio is on. I could not find in the owners manual how to keep the radio off until you want it on. Only solution I have found so for is to keep the speakers off and turn off after start. Just seems like a pain every time.

Yes even the older bikes can shut off radio before shutting off the ignition just hold the power button and you will see the icon powering down and timings itself off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eduzueta