Reduced reach bars for 2015 CVO

15CVO

Jun 12, 2015
Hello - I am looking to replace the handlebars with some reduced reach bars. I have used the Harley part# 56176-08 on a 2009 SG I previously had and they worked great. My question is these same bars say they will fit the 2015 SG EXCEPT CVO. What would be different with the bars on the CVO over a regular SG. The dealer says its because of the heated grips but my CVO did not come with heated grips. So now the dealer has no clue and HD cant tell them anything.

Anybody here have any input? I think I'm just going to get them and see what happens.

Thanks

15CVO, welcome to the forum. I have a new set of the HD RR bars. I was going to put those on my SGS but at the last minute decided on the Ergo Back bars (they were a little taller).
Anyways I looked at the label and it says (ex '10 - '13 FLHTK & CVO Models) so maybe its just 10-13 CVO's they wont work on. If you interested in my set PM me.

I think the CVO bars have internal wiring and are 1/4" larger in diamater......but I may be mistaken.....hopefully someone else can chime in here.

The reduced reach HD bars definitely have a smaller diameter than the stock cvo bars.

The reduced reach HD bars definitely have a smaller diameter than the stock cvo bars.
There you go....FYI, I installed the reduced reach bars and was able to route the previously external wiring through the bars on my 2014 SGS....I only needed to buy some plug in extensions as the wiring was just a bit short after fishing them through...............PS I was able to run this wiring as well as the wiring for the factory heated grips that I installed at the same time :D

UPDATE****
I got the bars and got them installed no problem. Here are the facts as far as a 2015 CVO goes. It does NOT have heated grips so that is not an issue. The bars are 1 inch diameter same as the RR bars and all the wiring is internal. The only difference is the stock bar has about a 1/2 hole under the controls for the wiring to go through. The RR bars have about a 2 inch slot instead of the hole See the attached photos. With the controls and the levers mounted all but about 1/2 of the slot is covered. It is straight up from the bottom so unless the bike is upside down you cannot see it. I did not have to extend any wires or cables All the stock stuff fit perfect without any re-routing or anything. I wish they were 1 1/4 inch bars but I am happy with them.IMG_20150613_111844_270.jpgIMG_20150613_122113_624.jpg

***UPDATE***

I got the bars installed no problem. Here are the facts as far as the 2015 CVO goes:

The bars are 1 inch diameter same as the RR bars and do have the internal wires. The only difference in the two bars is the stock bar has a 1/2" hole under the controls for the wires. The new RR bar has about a 2 inch slot (see the photos). With the controls and levers with reservoirs installed all but about 1/2 inch of the slot is covered. Its underneath the bar so unless the bike is upside down it is not visible no matter what turn position the bars are in. I did not have to change any wires or cables. The stock ones reach perfectly without having to re-rout them or make any modifications.

I wish the bars were 1 1/4 thick but I am very happy with the install.IMG_20150613_111844_270.jpgIMG_20150613_122113_624.jpg

Last edited:
Hello - I am looking to replace the handlebars with some reduced reach bars. I have used the Harley part# 56176-08 on a 2009 SG I previously had and they worked great. My question is these same bars say they will fit the 2015 SG EXCEPT CVO. What would be different with the bars on the CVO over a regular SG. The dealer says its because of the heated grips but my CVO did not come with heated grips. So now the dealer has no clue and HD cant tell them anything.

Anybody here have any input? I think I'm just going to get them and see what happens.

Thanks

Hi there! have you gotten these bars yet? Looking to do the same thing on my 15 SGS. Do you have an issue with the wrist angle? Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

***UPDATE***

I got the bars installed no problem. Here are the facts as far as the 2015 CVO goes:

The bars are 1 inch diameter same as the RR bars and do have the internal wires. The only difference in the two bars is the stock bar has a 1/2" hole under the controls for the wires. The new RR bar has about a 2 inch slot (see the photos). With the controls and levers with reservoirs installed all but about 1/2 inch of the slot is covered. Its underneath the bar so unless the bike is upside down it is not visible no matter what turn position the bars are in. I did not have to change any wires or cables. The stock ones reach perfectly without having to re-rout them or make any modifications.

I wish the bars were 1 1/4 thick but I am very happy with the install.View attachment 6535View attachment 6536

Hi there! Do you know if the wrist angle is different than stock? Also, how much farther back are they in your opinion? Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77