Stage 1 Kit, New Harley Owner, Appreciate Help

BDTSG

Dec 23, 2019
Well, admittedly I am a new Harley owner so I'm learning a lot as I go. I owned a Honda VTX 1300 for about 5 years before selling and not having a bike for a few years. I've wanted a Street Glide for as long as I've known, and I finally picked up a great deal on a used one just before Christmas. Love the bike but looking for a better sound, but don't want to spend a ton of money.

I've done a lot of internet searching on Stage 1 Air Filters and Slip On On's vs. entire header change plus pipes etc.

I guess what I'm hoping someone can help me with, is what is the most cost effective way to get some more sound out of my bike? I've been told if you change the filter and only add slip ons, you don't need to mess with the ECM. I've also been told the opposite.

I'm hoping to take baby steps so as to not break the banks, but also make purchases that will ultimately allow me to build upon them.

Looking for reccomendations/advice from anyone in this group not only on the process, but the best places to buy these products.

Thanks everyone! I've got a 2015 Street Glide Special that looks to be bone stock.

Brad

I have always been told slip-ons only no. If you do the air cleaner or both you need to recalibrate the ecm.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave