Taller Front Tire for 2018 FLHXS

Htoad

Apr 21, 2020
Can anyone point me to a "Taller" front tire for my 2018 SGS please? I'm due for new tires, and I want the best ride I can get, don't really care how it will change the looks. I really don't corner crazy fast, or go much over 90mph, and I feel like the more rubber I can get between the wheel and the road the better the ride will be. I have risers for the front fender I can use if I can find a taller tire. Any suggestions?

The anti-lock brakes won't like it. You should look for a take-off front wheel that is smaller in diameter. There are 18" wheels that will fit. That way the rolling radius will be the same. I put an 18" 2012 front wheel on my 2014. That worked great and improved the ride and handling.

Reactions: Def's Amber
I'm in the process of installing a Native fat tire kit on my scooter... I've got a '13 street glide and had a 2015 oem enforcer wheel on the front- the new tire had such a small sidewall- I ended up damaging the wheel when I couldn't miss a pothole... with this fat tire kit- I have an enforcer wheel (18 x 5.5) and a 180 Metzler on the front... this may be something for you to look into...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IRist