The Heritage Classic Is Now A Touring Model

hulkss

Administrator
Sep 29, 2013
According to the updated H-D web site I am riding a Touring Bike again.
As far as I know there are no online forums specific to the new "Touring" Heritage.

touring.jpg

Explains the price...
I test drove one and thought it was nice, but they were asking Roadking money for it.

Yeah, about the same price.
price.jpg
I like the 114, the suspension and handling, and the 100 lb weight savings.

Nope. It's built on an all new mono-shock frame with 49mm forks up front.

2018-Harley-Davidson-Softail-Frame.jpg

Yeah, my test drive was a 114 too.
I thought it was pretty nimble and quick.
If I were in the market for a Roadking I'd look hard a the Heritage.
One thing I did notice was the Softail had no vibration at idle and but was more noticeable at higher speeds.
My Street glide is just the opposite, some vibration at idle but glassy smooth at speed.
(Glad it has cruise control cause the old days of judging your speed by the seat of your pants is gone!)

I had a 2018 FLHCS prior to picking up the 2019 FLHXS about 3 months ago. I have to say that I enjoyed riding it. But I feel that it had some 1st year growing pains. Oil problems, 1 qt for 3000 miles. heavy breather, always oil collecting on bottom of air filter. May have been on the verge of sumping. On occasion it would run hot, even on cold days. Come to a stop and rear cylinder would go to cut off right away. Oil light came on 2 times for no apparent reason. Oil level good and light would go out when re started. Driving lights went out once when riding, shut down and restarted, all good. Left fork seal blew out, oil all over side of engine. No reason for failure found by the shop. Vibration in handlebars above 65 mph was excessive, my hands would go numb after about 30 minutes. 75 mph was about as fast as I would go and still feel in control. All that being said, it handled outstanding on back roads and in the mountains and the rear suspension is a lot better than the stock suspension on the FLHXS. I think I may have gotten a lemon 1st year bike. I traded at 17,500 miles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave