Thinking of trading in a 14 SG for a 16 CVO

14POSE

Apr 3, 2015
My local dealer is awesome and known for being a smaller one but great customer service,prices and top notch mechanics. So after riding there tonight I spent time looking at a 16 SG in white with the black flames. So out of curiosity I asked the sales manager about trade in and if things work out, my payment will only go up 10 bucks a month if that. So is it worth it going from a standard street glide to one of these? If you look at my profile you will see the engine work I've done. Will I see a decline in power and speed from my slightly modified 103 to a stock 110?

Questions:
Are you moving some bling over to the new bike- if so will they do that at little or no extra cost?

Only $10 month . . . . for how much longer than original loan? Hint: they can make them less than your current loan, you just make payments longer.

Are you getting a fair trade-in value against the new one. Would you be better off selling yours outright 1st?

You already know what the major differences are between the two models. Does that bring value to you to start over again with a new loan?

Good luck with your decision!

Looking at your mods I don't see cams or head work so I would say yes the 110 will be stronger. As for the rest give it a day or 2 to settle in and think about it before going back. Thinking it will add a couple of years or more to your loan and are they giving you enough for the trade????

To me a SE doesn't make sense because I like to change everything on the bike to make it my own, I would ask your self the same question, will you be satisfied with the stock wheels, paint and everything else that you pay for on a SE. If you plan on changing nothing then it may make sense depending on how much longer your loan would be for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Bryan.... CVO owners look at mine and then ask what I paid... their heads hang low when told I'm about 10k under them and still have a 120ST

All the personalization is taken away with a CVO.... for the most part

Sent from Note4 via TapaTalk

I called the bank and not at this time. It would cost almost another 200 a month more even at 1.99% for 72 months. I will pay this one off first since its almost half way paid off then rethink it. By then the 120's will be out in the CVO's (?) and hopefully any issues resolved at that point. It just gives me something to look forward too and going from a 103 to a 110 i'm iffy on but a 103 to a 120 after the bugs are worked out (if there area any) is a much bigger jump. Also by the time I'm ready even though I take really good care of my bike, I might be able to swing a new one without offending the wife too much since she does like to ride on the back. But those of you who own them, are you happy with the investment?

Thinking of trading in a 14 SG for a 16 CVO

You would do far better going big bore. Those 110 CVO motors have a bottom end problem where some of them blow at about 30k miles. It is a known issue. Ask a Harley tech. Keep that 103 case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dual Bag