Tri-bar / Facia problem 2015 SG

Janne

Apr 16, 2019
Hi everyone. Problem with brake lights. I have two US model street glides, 2014 and 2015. Brake lights doesnt work on 2015, turn signal and running lights do work (cleaner module on pictures). 2014 lights work just like they should on US model bikes. But if I put circuit board from 2014 to 2015, only left side light works but without turn or brake signal. Nothing on right side bulb. As you can see, circuit boards are soldered little different. 2015 bike has been in collosion and parts may not be original. I have checked that i have brake signal and turn signal coming to module and wiring before and after module is ok. Brake signal just wont pass module. Does tssm cut brake signal when you push turn signal or should this module do it?Can anyone tell can I fix this board so I could have brake lights?

Attachments

• 2014(1).jpg
    2014(1).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014(2).jpg
    2014(2).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015(1).jpg
    2015(1).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015(2).jpg
    2015(2).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
I have a 2015 FLHXS but the tri-bar acts only as a running light. I have the standard brake light/ turn signals above the tri-bar in rear fender.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is also what I have. Tri bar has only running light. Problems is that brake light signal should go thru this tri bar(or is it facia converter module?). Brake light and trun signal uses same wire.

Did you check for any fault codes (DTC)? They could be B2161;B2163; B2164 or B2223. I will take pictures from electrical diagnostic manual and send you a message with the photos if you think they will help.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

My 2015 touring manual calls the Tri-Bar light at the bottom of the rear fender a “ rear fascia lamp”. I thought that there is cable that runs from the turn signal/ running/ brake lights to the tri-bar lights. I have also heard that you can by after market parts that can turn the tri-bar light into a turn signal/brake light/ running light combination. Custom Dynamics name comes to mind.

I did order Custom Dynamics tri bar light that I hope would solve my problem. But still confused why I have different kind of circuit boards inside facia modules on 2014 and 2015 model...

82a481f19bc96c17141a1bffdb8eb8ce.jpg

This is whats in the manual that best shows the tri-bar lamp which Harley calls a fascia lamp. I’m pretty sure that there is a wiring harness from the tail lights/ stop lights above that feeds it. I dont know if part numbers for the boards are different between 2014 and 2015. There are some differences between the Domestic ( USA) model and Canadian and that would be a question for a Harley service tech. Also there is a BCM ( body control module) on left side of bike where signal are processed and I clearly see the rear brake pressure switch all I see for the from brake is (CAN low ; CAN high). Closing the front brake causes this signal to short those pins.
4afa93e34dec698a1984e49cc7888af0.jpg
This is the photo. Maybe you can make more sense of this.

I went out and looked at mine, you are correct the wiring harness goes from near the ECM down the left side of the rear fender and into the Facia Converter module and then out to the brake/ turn signal lights and the license plate light. On the output side wiring there are differences for the Canadian model, the HDI ( Harley Davidson International) model and the HD Domestic model. This could be why the module from your 2014 FLHXS didn’t work.

Thanks for pics. I think I may have canada FLH(not FLHX) model facia light installed. But still, if I change facia light from 2014 to this bike, it wont work. Have to wait until I get CD facia light and hope it will solve it.

I have sent you a message.

Now that I installed CD tri bar I have brake light on it but still no on turn signals. I run diagnostic and got traouble code B2161. Its weird that brake light on tri bar works but not on turn signals.

I think problem is solved. I had security system installed and it looks like that is the reason brake light dont work. Need to get my bike to dealer so they can reprogram system.

Have sent you a message

Was the alarm your issue

Was the alarm your issue

I think problem is solved. I had security system installed and it looks like that is the reason brake light dont work. Need to get my bike to dealer so they can reprogram system.

I have the exact same problem as you were having.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77