V & H Bankruptcy

Still trying to process how I missed this news from 5 months ago!:confused:

Vance & Hines and J&P cycle and others filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy.

http://www.ride-and-read.com/2017/11...etwork-of.html

Appears to be marketing strategy applied by a new owners group in an attempt to return the brands listed to profitable status. At the end of the article it does state "business as usual".
It appears to me that the motorcycle aftermarket industry as a whole has flooded the parts market while the full out custom bike builders are thining in numbers and the demand for those parts is declining. Many folks (myself included) prefer to use only HD accessories and parts especially now with persistent manufacturer warranty
requirements.
On the up side the price of aftermarket parts and accessories may come down because of excess availability. All of this goes hand in hand with previous discussions here and on other forums of declining sales of bikes and interest in cycling in general.

Blues

Last edited:
Appears to be marketing strategy applied by a new owners group in an attempt to return the brands listed to profitable status. At the end of the article it does state "business as usual".
It appears to me that the motorcycle aftermarket industry as a whole has flooded the parts market while the full out custom bike builders are thining in numbers and the demand for those parts is declining. Many folks (myself included) prefer to use only HD accessories and parts especially now with persistent manufacturer warranty
requirements.
On the up side the price of aftermarket parts and accessories may come down because of excess availability. All of this goes hand in hand with previous discussions here and on other forums of declining sales of bikes and interest in cycling in general.

Blues

Well said Blues. Couldn't agree more...

J&P's open house / rally was lighter attendance than in years past. S&S hasn't been there for a couple years now and Rienhart didn't show up this year , seems the MAG companies were mostly all there though along with a few other independent companies like Custom Dynamics, Dunlop , Michelin , Avon, and Bell.

Part of the low attendance may be attributed to the biggest fun run / party / ride in Iowa was going on the same weekend , normally it's a couple weeks before the open house

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith