Vance & Hines Monster Ovals vs DNA Megaphones Slip-on Sound Off #1 or #2?

#1 - DNA megaphones all the way! They have a nice throaty raspy growl and look nice on the bike.
The V&H Monster Ovals sound generic and are not much louder than stock. In my opinion The V&H Ovals are unsightly overkill in that they are too massive.
In my opinion The best sounding V&H slip-on is the Twin Slash Round with the classic HD deep rumble. It is also one of the best sounding in general

#1 - DNA megaphones all the way! They have a nice throaty raspy growl and look nice on the bike.
The V&H Monster Ovals sound generic and are not much louder than stock. In my opinion The V&H Ovals are unsightly overkill in that they are too massive.
In my opinion The best sounding V&H slip-on is the Twin Slash Round with the classic HD deep rumble. It is also one of the best sounding in general

aaah thats painful to hear, but thanks for your input. His bike does sound better on the video, but I think my sound was so deep the mic couldnt pick it up.😀 At least thats what im telling myself.🤔 Listen to it on the video and tell me if you still think so. Especailly when im getting on the interstate.

aaah thats painful to hear, but thanks for your input. His bike does sound better on the video, but I think my sound was so deep the mic couldnt pick it up.�� At least thats what im telling myself.�� Listen to it on the video and tell me if you still think so. Especailly when im getting on the interstate.

Mike,
Thank you for taking time to post your videos! I enjoy them and it's a great way to communicate.
After watching your video I can tell your a tall dude (as I am @ 6'-4") because I recognized your folded up legs and the high position of your knees as a familiar sight.
I will expound on my above comment by saying that my friend has the V&H Monster Ovals and I have ridden a thousand or so miles with him/behind him and I do not object to the sound of the Ovals on a stock bike but they are relatively pleasantly generic as are Rineharts, SE Street Cannons, etc. (I run Street Cannons). These types of muffs are great for long distance riding and cool cruzing which most of us do. My favorite among these types of slip on muffs is the V&H Twin Slash Rounds because they capture the true HD sound.
The DNA has a raspy sound similar to CFR muffs and make for great sound on a bar hopper but not on a long distance ride.
Still don't care for the appearance of the oval but that's only my .02
Of course visual images and sounds are subjective and it's all in the mind of the BEER holder.

Low and Slow
Blues

Had the V&H power duals with the slash down rounds and really liked the sound but went for better performance. Installed the D&D boss fat cats with perforated wrapped baffles and really like the sound with this. Did a little engine work this winter and now she barks with the best of them and I really like the new sound.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith