What are your thoughts on the 2020's?

fishin1789

May 28, 2015
Just looked at the 2020's on the Harley website. Cannot say that I am impressed with the new bikes, especially at a base price of $27,699 for a Vivid Black Street Glide Special.

Like the 114 and the extended bags.

New wheels look ok, if you like black wheels! The lack of chrome kills it for me!

The 2020 Street Glide is most like my 2015 but with a 107 motor. Just too expensive for me! The $800 radio upgrade??? What a joke!

Makes my 2015 stay in the garage a little longer!

Last edited:
I'm not impressed, and disappointed they haven't changed the frame. Fresh new lipstick on the same old pig. I was ready to trade this year, but I don't like the blacked out look, and no changes to speak of. And those new wheels look like ****e! I'll be taking a long look at the Indian Challenger when it comes out.

Harley was taking a risk on the Livewire, but I liked it....until I saw the pricetag! $30,000??
And the same tired old Sportster motor for like the last 20 years?
No real change there since fuel injection in 2007 I believe.
New Lowrider S is cool, but for the same money I'd get an FXDR in a second.
I hope my 2017 FLHX lasts a good long time cause there isn't much temptation to trade...

IMO the Softail Slim is probably the best bang for your buck in the whole fleet.

What are your thoughts on the 2020's?

Yep, can’t say I like the color schemes either a lot of grey and brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Funny. Heard the same thing in 2019, 2018, etc. no one seems to like changes while others don’t like lack of change. Like an ugly women, it has to grow on you. 🤪 Poor HD has started to “cut back” if you will, like only one key fob for 2020 but an almost one grand increase. They are looking at cutting every corner they can. Make investors happy but not so much for customers. I hope HD survives as I love their product but I see hard times ahead.

Not at all impressed with changes or price increase. Eliminated Vent button, rear shifter arm, and now-just a single key FOB and, you have to ADD ($$$) the HD WHIM module and HD headset for CARPLAY to work! In the Ultra, they've eliminated the saddle and Tourpak canvas luggage so in essence, your paying more for much less and a few different and some controversial colors!

A smart move for the price increase would have been: TPMS and Traffic feature for the Bumbox GPS. It's easy to see why sales a dropping. :confused:

I just traded my 2011 Dyna wide glide in for a 2020 street glide. So far I like it. I just replaced the stock seat with a Danny gray standard tourIST air seat, a Vance and hines eliminator 400 slip on, and an aftermarket LED headlight. So far I am very happy with the bike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrnyc01