WHIM, Apple CarPlay, and Speakers, wind noise half-shell helmet

Brewer_jim

Aug 15, 2021
Hey everyone, I am new to the forum. I have read quite a few threads about the WHIM and requirements. I have a couple of specific questions that I have not seen answered yet.

I have done very little riding in groups, but I just bought my wife her first motorcycle, so riding together we would like to be able to communicate using Bluetooth headsets.

I know you need the WHIM to connect to the bike to control the BOOM Audio and need a HD headset for stereo audio quality. WHIM is not required if you don't want to communicate through the bike.

1. Does Apple CarPlay work if the headset is not connected? I would only wear the headset while riding with my wife or in a group for intercom. I refuse to answer the phone when riding!

2. Does music/directions play through headset and speakers?

3. Does anyone use the HD headset for half-shell? If so how is the audio quality using the microphone? too much wind noise? I am either looking at the BOOM Audio expand 2.0 Bluetooth half helmet headset or boom audio 30K and using earbuds for my half helmet and have the speakers in my full face.

Because she doesn't like the same music as me, even riding together she probably wont connect to my bike and just use her phone. Probably going to get her the SENA 50S Bluetooth.

Me - 2015 Street Glide Special
Better Half - 2012 Sportster 1200 C

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165