wind splitter

B

bgdv1

the harley 7" wind splitter

Attachments

• DSC02644800x600.jpg
    DSC02644800x600.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
Can you tell much difference between the 7" wind splitter and the stock? Thanks for any assistance. I like the low look of the stock but the functionability of it for a big guy, well it just sucks.

I had a windsplitter on my bike last year, and while it worked 'ok' over stock, I switched to a 8" LRS Ultra Dark. That was a huge difference.

that shield looks good on there. is that the Harley shield that they sell at the dealers.

I have a LRS 6" Ultra Dark Smoke re-curve shield, coupled with an HD Chrome Front Fork Air Baffle and the HD Fairing Wind Deflectors almost all the buffeting is gone. Amazing improvement over stock.

I know this is an old thread, but I gotta ask. I just bought a 10" light smoke Wind Splitter from my local dealer. I like the way it handles the wind, but there is an approx 1" horizontal band that extends all the way across the shield that is distorted. They installed a demo shield prior to purchase. I didn't notice the distortion on the demo. Anyone else have this issue?

I know this is an old thread, but I gotta ask. I just bought a 10" light smoke Wind Splitter from my local dealer. I like the way it handles the wind, but there is an approx 1" horizontal band that extends all the way across the shield that is distorted. They installed a demo shield prior to purchase. I didn't notice the distortion on the demo. Anyone else have this issue?

EXACTLY, I did the same thing. I had a windsplitter on my bike last year, and while it worked 'ok' over stock, I switched to our sponsor here Clearview and really love it. Clearview, Klockwerks, LRS and others are really good products.

I just ordered a 17" ClearViewShield. That is a medium size and equals the 8.5" KlockWerks size. Used the discount code from this forum and got 10% off. I mailed back and forth several times and came to the conclusion that ClearViewShields really Rock!! After explaining my concern about the vibration of the 1/8" ClearViewShield being thinner than the stock-so-low-shield which seems to be 3/16" thick. Andy from customer service ClearViewShields told me he will manufacture a 3/16" 17" recured top dark smoked for me specially. Isn't that awesome? At no extra cost!! Wow man, that is really great!! Happy that I took Mojo's trail... ;) to ClearViewShields. Will have a darksmoke shield, no vibration and no buffeting. Can't wait to get it installed. Must wait 15-20 days before international shipment, But It 'll be worth waiting for.

Clearview is the shield I'm going for

I did the 10" wind splitter. There was very little difference between the 7" and 10", but enough of one at highway speeds to make me go that route. The stock wind screen was brutal at speeds over 50MPH. The vent helps at slower speeds, but useless over 50. Night and day difference between stock and the wind splitter. I'm 6' 1". If I were a few inches shorter, the stock windshield probably would have been OK.

I ordered a 18.5 inch Clear view in light smoke and it should arrive here in the next week. Going to test it and see if it's better then the 10 inch wind splitter for noise. If you go this way it's a 15 to 20 day wait for a windshield build as they are very busy right now. You measure these with a yard stick from your ignition switch so we shall see how well it dose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith