Windshield for Vertically Challenged :-)

Nytelighter

Mar 14, 2015
As the title says, I'm a shorter individual (5'3") on a 2015 Street Glide. Right now I have the stock seat and a Klockwerks Flare 5". It works for now but I am looking into getting my seat done at Mean City Cycles to drop me about an inch or two. The dilemma I will face after I get the seat done is my sightline will drop below the top of the screen which on the flare is no bueno since you get a slightly warped view where the curve is. Can anyone chime in on some possible alternatives. Right now I'm leaning towards just throwing my stock shield back on but I got the flare to cure some buffeting I was having. Thanks.

I'm 5'6" and went with the 7 inch windsplitter from harley. It lays back a bit so it is not mush higher than stock and looks great on the bike as well. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439404178.393338.jpgit deflects the wind up pretty good to help avoid the buffeting.

I might just check that one out the next time I go by the stealership. Gotta get my seat done first though. That's the first variable to take care of I guess.

I dropped my bike 1 inch and increased the shocks to 21 pounds 7 inch wind splitter for me as well. I will go with something a little bit larger during the winter months

I'm 5'5" and had my seat done by Mean City and it turned out great. Same issue with the windshield. Now that I am closer to the ground, my line of sight was split by the smoked windshield. I bought a windshield from ClearView Shields - clear, not smoked. It raised it up about an 1 1/4 inches and is perfect and only $65.

I just got my mustang seat back from Mean City...Lori was awesome to del with and the seat is now perfect. I put a Freedom Shield on mine and John was very helpful with sizing me up....their customer service is superb!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got my mustang seat back from Mean City...Lori was awesome to del with and the seat is now perfect. I put a Freedom Shield on mine and John was very helpful with sizing me up....their customer service is superb!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome. Great to hear that things are coming together- with great customer service.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith