Windshield Question

Sealion

Feb 18, 2018
Is the Freedom medium grey tint too dark for nighttime?

I received a Freedom 6-inch medium grey tint windshield last night and took it for a test ride about an hour before sunset. The difference was amazing; however, I measured poorly and need to order a 7-inch windshield.

As it got darker, it was difficult to see through the windshield. There was a lot of reflection off the protective covering and I could not tell if that was the reason for the difficulty seeing or not. I spoke to John and he agreed with the larger shield and suggested the light grey tint.

I do not ride at night often, but when I do, I do not want the windshield to be an issue. The medium grey tint looks great on the bike, but I am willing to give up some looks to get this right.

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

Any tinted shield will be harder to see through at night, but at the “correct” height you really should be looking over it most of the time.

Keeping the shield at your mustache line is about right, and while you still do look through it at times, (cresting a rise in the road, road debris or pothole, etc.) it really shouldn’t be much of a problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77