10 inch yaffe's

baggertim

Feb 9, 2019
After reading all the positive on the yaffe monkey bars i'm leaning towards them,seem kinda pricey.Revzilla add @ around 399,has anyone seen them cheaper?:cool:

awesome,thank you,i did not see wire extensions though.I have the bars in cart but do I need to look for wires ext elsewhere?

awesome,thank you,i did not see wire extensions though.I have the bars in cart but do I need to look for wires ext elsewhere?

We can also get wire extension although we do not have them on our website. Please send an email to lindsey @ ironacesspeedshop.com (no spaces before / after @) letting me know what you are looking for and we'll get you taken care of.

Talk to you soon!!

Lindsey :0)

I don't believe you will need wire extensions with the 10" bars. Just be aware the handle grips will wind up blocking your mirrors in your fairing.

I can't speak to your best price question but I can throw out a few installation tips if your interested.
For ease of installation I opted to buy a new throttle position sensor with extended wiring. Shrink-wrap the wires and they will easily thread right through the entire length of bars, then attach the new plug terminals to the wire ends and plug them in. With 10" Yaffee bars the stock OEM clutch and brake cables will work but they have to be untangled from the mess of wires underneath the fairing and routed as directly as possible. I took my time and it was about a three hour job from turning the first bolt until I was back on the road.

I will say I love my Yaffee's. Very comfortable bars.

Blues

Last edited:
Thanks Lindsey,will email when I get back home.Thanks for all the input from everyone,as a auto tech I just worry about wires being to taught and causing issues down the rd...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all,been trying to read more of your post over the years and will mount bars without extension's.A month before snow/ice gone getting excited......

If I did it again I would use the extensions. I’d like to keep the wires where they belong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ordered the bars last night 10 inch black cant wait to see them,would assume the extensions go on engine side so if I don't like routing will order them later.

holy cow Lindsey ,that was fast,got home tonight and bars and extensions where here.
Will start install this weekend...…
thank you

holy cow Lindsey ,that was fast,got home tonight and bars and extensions where here.
Will start install this weekend...…
thank you

That is great to hear @baggertim....I'm excited for you to get everything installed, although I will say the process of actually installing them is not fun but the rewards are sure worth the work!

Enjoy and ride safe!!

Lindsey :0)

been trying to run wires inside of bars and have totally run out of patience,i get the string thru the bars no problem,soap up harness but struggling to make all the way thru,started on left side and not having luck,really worried about trying to get both harnesses thru right side.Wish I had bought prewired now,any suggestion well appreciated!!

Left side is the EZ side my friend. Use electrical wire snot for your lube. Homodepo or Lowes has it in a 1 quart bottle. The right side you can trim the little green plastic connector ( i think its the throttle by wire connector) if needed smaller with a metal file depending on the sharpness of the bends. I taped this connector also and snotted the hell out of it. Yep, patience is a must, a beer helps also. Dont be in a hurry.

tried liquid soap and got almost to point of grabbing wire before the tape let go.Took wires from connector so that should not be a issue,took pics and made diagram,beer flowing properly,patience not so much.Will hit hardware for some snot and ran out of electrical tape,
thanks for input!!

I would like to give a call out to Lindsey from iron aces,quick service and responded to email with every question I sent.
Thanks a bunch!!We'll do more business in the future!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469