2010 FLHX how can I tell stage 1 tune?

sand

Aug 1, 2017
So here's my dilemma. I bought my 2010 used with 68K on the clock. It is a clean bike (few scratches and such) I got zero docs from the indy dealer I bought it from. I love the bike it runs great handles great no issues. However I think it had been messed with (tuned) to some extent.

When I got it it had (still does) the stock 2-1 setup on it and a stock a/c on it. It revs past 5500 no issue so I assume something has been changed. The muffler has gone from a nice chrome to hard blue at the rear mount in a matter of a couple thousand miles. I have no decel popping or hesitation issues.

Is it a problem mechanically or otherwise to leave it alone or do I need to get it in for service and re-tune?

Thanks Steve...

So here's my dilemma. I bought my 2010 used with 68K on the clock. It is a clean bike (few scratches and such) I got zero docs from the indy dealer I bought it from. I love the bike it runs great handles great no issues. However I think it had been messed with (tuned) to some extent.

When I got it it had (still does) the stock 2-1 setup on it and a stock a/c on it. It revs past 5500 no issue so I assume something has been changed. The muffler has gone from a nice chrome to hard blue at the rear mount in a matter of a couple thousand miles. I have no decel popping or hesitation issues.

Is it a problem mechanically or otherwise to leave it alone or do I need to get it in for service and re-tune?

Thanks Steve...

One thing I'd be curious about is whether or not the cat is still in the stock header. If it was removed and the bike wasn't tuned after that alteration, then that is likely the source of the discoloration since this change will affect the air:fuel ratio and potentially cause the bike to run lean (aka: hot). Might be worth taking the muffler off the bike and looking into the header to see if it's open or if the cat is still intact.

Hope this helps!

Lindsey :0)

2-1 isn't a stock exhaust.

Possibly a typo? 2-1-2 is stock.

Check your air cleaner. If it's a stock cover with a filter along the lines of K&N, s&s, or similar, with a 2-1, that would be stage one, and that needs a tuner.

If it isn't stock, it won't kill it. But its very lean, like IronAces said. I would get a tuner if it were me. Because that could hurt it after a while.

2017 SGS charcoal denim
7" flat top LRS
H-D fork fangs
CD ringz and rear clusters
JW headlight
Cobra Prochamber header
V&H OS 450s
S&S Stealth air cleaner
Fuel moto tuned power vision

Thanks for the correction Lindsey

2017 SGS charcoal denim
7" flat top LRS