2014 sgs rear running lights

fritze31

Apr 7, 2017
2014 street glide special tried to put in leds in rear and flashed the bcm it didnt work ..wrong lights ..put back original bulbs and now the rear running lights wont stay on when engine is running..brake turn s work...also stays on when engine is off in on mode..but shuts off after a minute with engine running...help

2014 street glide special tried to put in leds in rear and flashed the bcm it didnt work ..wrong lights ..put back original bulbs and now the rear running lights wont stay on when engine is running..brake turn s work...also stays on when engine is off in on mode..but shuts off after a minute with engine running...help
I don't know if this will help, but I had issue with my front break switch not working after I installed leds in the front and rear. I had it all scheduled to be looked at. I had to pull 50 amp fuse when I installed plasma rods and head light, when I put fuse back in all light where working including front break activating the break lights.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

....my front signals now stay on and won't blink....I did change t he rears to LED but not the turn signal lights...could there be back issue?

I have LED front and rear turn signals and at one point I did experience erratic behavior from the rear signals. After some research I reviewed the instructions from the LED manufacturer again which said to turn the ignition to on and then turn on the hazards for 5 minutes to allow syncronization. That took care of the problem for me.

I forgot to ask, did you clean off all of the dielectric grease from the socked before plugging up your LED lights? My instructions also said to do this. I used a Q-tip and alcohol to get them good and clean.

Ok....more poking around 2014 SGS only has clearance lights on the front...the rear (mine) the bulb is single fillament, meaning it's a signal light only....after much dismay I think I have to replace the right cluster...brake light works with foot peddle only...no signal lights on the front....and now the dash WBS light isn't illuminated...oy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469