2014 Street Glide Special - Gear Indicator not Working

Redroadking

Jul 5, 2018
I have a 2014 FLHXS and the gear indicator is not working and therefore the cruise control is not functioning either.

I ride the bike last week and everything was fine. I washed the bike this morning and now I'm having this issue. I turned the bike off and when I went to start it again it would not start while in gear. I put the bike in neutral and it started. Thought that was strange but didn't realize there was an issue. Then I was riding on the freeway and went to engage the cruise control. It turned on but it would not set the speed. Then I noticed the gear indicator was not working. So I assumed they are related somehow. I came home and disconnected the battery thinking it may have gotten water in the switch box and needed to reset. After I disconnected the battery and reconnected it the bike would start in gear with the clutch engaged but the gear indicator and cruise still do not work. I have disconnected the battery again to see it it needs and extended time period to do a complete reset.

Has anyone experienced this with their bike? Any ideas as to what may be going on here? Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

RED

Check for DTC this may help you resolve issues. ( Diagnostic Trouble Codes)

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77