2015 brake/tail light wiring diagram. 2009 Tour-Pak LED light kit to 2015 bike

bugdewde

Jul 4, 2015
I have the HD King Tour-Pak from my '09 StreetGlide on my '15 StreetGlide.
When I had the '09, I added the LED wrap around brake/turn/tail light kit to the Tour-Pak.
Remember, the '09 StreetGlide had the large brake light, as well as the blinker bar.

Unless there's a conversion harness out there for early LED Tour-Pak light kit to a '15 bike, looks like I'm gonna have to re-pin/hard-wire the LED lights on the tour-pak to the 2015 bike.

I'm pretty sure I can determine which wires on the LED light kit are brake/turn/tail.... all I have to figure out is which ones correspond to those functions on the 2015 bike harness.
Hopefully, HD (or aftermarket) will have a "Y" splitter harness for the 2015 bike harness for me to tie the LED light kit of the tour-pak into... either by re-pinning or hard-wiring.

Any ideas/thoughts?

A year later, while back at Myrtle Beach Bike Week, I finally got some wiring harness love from Custom Dynamics.

Part #: MPR-BCM
Universal 6-pin Adapter for '14 and newer models
$29.99

Tour Pak Custom Dynamics Wiring Harness.jpg

Plugs into bike's harness under the seat and allows the use of the Posi-Locks to attach any bare wire. I cut the pre-'14 plug off the old Tour Pak so I could use bare wires on the Posi-Locks. Which worked good for me because I wanted to lengthen the wiring harness for better routing and add some electrical disconnects for Pak removal.

Running Lights
Tour Pak running light.jpg

Brake Lights
Tour Pak brake light.jpg

My old Tour Pak came with an LED strip up on the lid, under the luggage rack..... went ahead and wired it in too. It's a running and brake light as well.

Im looking for the same answer. Is there a pig tail to convert 2009 king tour pak to 2015 street glide?

Probably not. I installed a new King Tour Pak and modified my own harness using a harness that came from an Airwing luggage rack light. I searched the internet for the correct connectors, pins and using 18 gauge wire. One of the connectors (Molex MX150) part # is 33482-0601 (male) and the female match is 33472-0606. These are 6 pin connectors which mate up to the OEM run/brake/turn harness under the seat. According to several distributors, the male connector is not made anymore and I don't know what is being substituted but it can still be found here and there. I also bought a crimper with multiple dies for different sized pins. You could probably have your dealer make a harness but it will probably cost some $$$. If you need any help, pm me.

I haven't looked since I have mine working great. As mentioned, probably not.
The $30 adapter/connector from custom dynamics I used plugs right in to the bike's harness under the seat ..... You just have to wire the tour pak to it's posi-locs. One could wire from pak's harness pins to the adapter's posi-locs, but I elected to cut off the pak's harness for easier fitment through the hole in the tour pak (it wouldn't fit through existing hole) and just put the bare wire straight into the posi-locs as designed ....
Not bad for $30.

Actually bad dads has a harness that I used. I had to do some splicing in the tour pak side of it, but it was color to color. It's something they would use for an auxiliary setup like an extra air wing style lights. It was very elementary to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469