2015 CVO Driver Backrest

paulowego

Jul 20, 2015
Hi folks. Just picked up new cvo streetglide. Like th set but really want to add a driver backrest. Any tips for me?

Thanks

First off welcome to the fun. Not sure but the Harley adjustable back rest should fit that's what I have and love it. Should be able to get one of the pads to match your seat I'm thinking. Not sure after market will match up for your seat design.

The new CVO seat is a solo with a separate P-pad and no backrest provision. Kinda thought that was crappy on a $38k bike.

Yeah, I was REALLY tempted to pull the trigger on a Black CVO last week, the one with the faint ghost flames. The seat was one of the reasons I came to my senses...lol. Harley could at least build a solo seat that is backrest compatible.

Well you would think that would be an option geez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Tom

Welcome to SGF paulowego- let us know how you like it when it comes.

Corbin seats better. Factory seat n u can put a backrest on it, not to mention most comfortable seat everQuickMemo+_2015-08-02-21-39-51.jpg

Last edited:
The Saddlemen Dominator is a good one...gel constructed comes with pillion and backrest. you can order everything separate. Very nice.:cool:

Pad that came with the set up is not vey nice so had to buy a matching cvo pad ($130....ouch)

Just did a 500 mile run with the new set up. All in all i'd say acceptable. Pad rides a lilltle low and leans forward a bit so there is a bit of rubbing on lower back. I did not experience any of the flex issues of earlier models of this set up and it went on lickety split easy.
I'd say if you want to keep the stock cvo seats and have a rst this option will work.

I am of course referencing an earlier post where i talked about an after market set up

http://streetglide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7010&d=1437610285
P

Last edited:
Back rest for CVO solo seat

Back rest for CVO solo seat

I picked mine up through Lonnie @ Grasshopper who builds the bracket. You can order just the frame work and add a seat matching pad through HD. They are made out of stainless. $65.00 for just the frame work. Flex was not bad at all and easy on/off. Picture shown with matching SG pad which came with chrome mounting hardware from HD.Backrest2.jpgBackrest1.jpg

Nice backrest Wayne and I like how it mounts up for the CVO seat. And welcome to the fun

How do I get a hold of Lonnie?
I think I want to try one of those brackets.

Nice backrest Wayne and I like how it mounts up for the CVO seat. And welcome to the fun
I bought one the other day. I also got a CVO pad the other day to match the seat, as I'm no that keen on the one that comes with the backrest.[emoji2]

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77