2015 Streetglide limp mode

gvette95

Aug 30, 2020
Today after riding several miles very slowly in a funeral procession when I restarted my bike at the cemetery it went into limp mode. Only code was 1510 and could not get it to clear and reset.Checked connections on throttle body as well as ecm connections,disconnected battery also,,nothing worked. A friend trailered it home 40 miles and when I got home it fired up and reved up fine.Any ideas what caused the code? Could have it gotten too hot? Any input is appreciated.

TBW code-have you reset the sensor?- you do this by:

bike off- kill switch ON

do NOT touch the throttle grip

turn on the ignition with your right hand- wait until the pump primes and stops- turn OFF the ignition for 4 seconds

repeat this 3 more times. If you use the kill switch to shut down- if your hand moves the throttle as you shut down the calibration is off

Reactions: BillyBob
Are there any codes present. Did you recently replace handlebars? Limp mode is caused when Ecm can not correlate the voltage sent to it from throttle grip sensor and throttle body ecm reads voltage from both from 0.5 to 5.0 volts. Need to know if codes are present

As stated above code P1510 without any codes along with it is only an indicator that bike is in limp mode. Follow above procedures cycle ignition on until fuel pump turns off then wait until your signal signals flash then turn ignition back on follow above procedure four times. As stated above you could have moved throttle grip. So make sure you do not touch throttle grip when performing procedure. As ecm has to relearn the zero position. Ride bike and check for codes again if none are present then ecm re learned the throttle zero position. Let us know your outcome

Thanks for the input guys,I reset the sensors and have ridden it a couple of hundred miles and no issues.Only code it ever set was 1510.On a side note whats the best tuner for this bike ?

Thanks for the input guys,I reset the sensors and have ridden it a couple of hundred miles and no issues.Only code it ever set was 1510.On a side note whats the best tuner for this bike ?

Oh boy, you're asking for a lot of opinions there.

If you want to do more than just tuning your bike, there is TechoResearch and Diag4bike. With these you can program new fobs, enable cool flow fan and oil cooler fan, and a whole host of other things.

The more mainstream tuners (Power Vision, Fuel Pack) are just that, tuners.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrnyc01