2017-2018 SG exhaust fitment issue

NGOT8R

Feb 15, 2015
Will those of you, who have a 2017-2018 SG, please stand behind your bike and take a good look at the exhaust fitment to see if the mufflers are properly centered in the saddlebag cutouts? Mine aren't properly centered. The right muffler is closer to the saddlebag than the left one by about 1/2". I am going to have to try and adjust them to make the booty look nice and pretty like it should. I know this may be a minor thing, but it's still not something that I should have to deal with on a new bike. The MOCO should be doing a much better job than they do at times.

When you pick up your new motorcycle you do a walk around and a check list....unfortunately the guy showing you your bike will spend more time explaining the stereo...this is really the time when you accept the bike. This is when you should point out things like the mufflers or any scratches or anything that is not right. Get it on paper. Because from that point on it is yours under warranty. And warranty does not cover adjustments. Take it back if the deal is not to stale. Hope for the best.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hlgsn,

Your reply is spot on. I did notice that the mufflers were not centered before I took possession of the bike. It was not a big deal to me, as I had planned to correct this myself once I got the bike home. My main focus was to make sure there was no damage to the bike and I did not notice any. Now, the oil leak I mentioned in another thread is a different story. Had I noticed the leak before I began the ride home, I would not have accepted the bike. I know that there are plenty of HD technicians, who do great work, but on the flip side, there are also several technicians, who half do things. This is why I have a hard time letting anyone work on my bike for me, and why I choose to do my own work. I am nervous about having them take the bike back to correct the oil leak, but I am going to trust that they will fix it and do it correctly. My guess is that there are plenty of others with 2017-2018 bikes with the mufflers issue. Most may not have noticed it, while others have and just decided to live with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith