2017 sg cvo engine tappet noise

Street114

Aug 26, 2018
Hi there I’m new to the forum and wondering if anyone out ther is having a similar problem ,I have a 17 CVO SG and after the bike is fully warmed up and cruising in any gear between 1800 and 2400 RPM I hear what sounds like a single lifter or rocker shaft noise . I can hear the noise mostly on the left side of the bike . I’ve tried to record it with no luck , to much wind noise . Been to the dealer 3 times , and they tell they can’t hear it . I can hear it over the radio !! Any thoughts ?

Will it do it in 1st or 2nd gear maybe you could record it or have a friend on the ground or another bike record the noise.

Hi there I’m new to the forum and wondering if anyone out ther is having a similar problem ,I have a 17 CVO SG and after the bike is fully warmed up and cruising in any gear between 1800 and 2400 RPM I hear what sounds like a single lifter or rocker shaft noise . I can hear the noise mostly on the left side of the bike . I’ve tried to record it with no luck , to much wind noise . Been to the dealer 3 times , and they tell they can’t hear it . I can hear it over the radio !! Any thoughts ?

How many miles on the bike? Did the sound just start or has it always been there? If it's on the left side could it be from the primary? What oils are you using? Could it be the shift linkage vibrating?

Will it do it in 1st or 2nd gear maybe you could record it or have a friend on the ground or another bike record the noise.

I have tried to record it in 1st but still too much road noise and engine noise

Hi there , thanks for the reply , there’s only 3800 miles on the bike and the noise has been there since new , definatly a rhythmic engine noise like a single lifter or rocker shaft noise . It’s not the shift linkage as when I hold pressure on the shifter it’s still there . It has all factory synthetic oils in the engine primary and trans

Sounds like a valve adjustment is in order. Does it quiet down slightly after getting up to running temp?

Hi there , thanks for the reply , there’s only 3800 miles on the bike and the noise has been there since new , definatly a rhythmic engine noise like a single lifter or rocker shaft noise . It’s not the shift linkage as when I hold pressure on the shifter it’s still there . It has all factory synthetic oils in the engine primary and trans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14