2017 Street Glide Special - Corbin Solo setup

UnleashedBeast

Sep 20, 2016
Did a lot of research on seating, since I am a guy who doesn't spare any expense for the best, I chose Corbin. Here is my new Corbin Solo setup with rider and passenger backrests. Haven't had a chance to put a lot of miles on it, but I can already tell it's far superior to the stock seat.

Carbon fiber leather seating
Asphalt vinyl sides
Standard stitching pattern with orange stitching on seating surfaces and logo
Standard rider backrest (no center hole)
Touring pillion with matching passenger backrest for my lady

The really crazy part, my friends told me to expect a 5-6 week wait time. It was at my door in exactly 14 days.

Last edited:
Looks nice although I would have gone with black stitch but it matches your bike nicely.
I want to see some pics of that garage! Looks surgically clean! lol

Looks nice although I would have gone with black stitch but it matches your bike nicely.
I want to see some pics of that garage! Looks surgically clean! lol

Had the bike been any other color, it would have definitely been done in black stitching. Thanks for your compliments, the garage is a work in progress. So much to do....

Last edited:
Beast-I don't know how to post link to my thread but if you search for Corbin Disappointed you'll find it. I'd like to hear your feedback after reviewing. I eventually was able to work reasonably well with a Corbin rep and came up with an agreed to solution that requires them to recover my brand new seat. I'll post picks when I get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beast-I don't know how to post link to my thread but if you search for Corbin Disappointed you'll find it. I'd like to hear your feedback after reviewing. I eventually was able to work reasonably well with a Corbin rep and came up with an agreed to solution that requires them to recover my brand new seat. I'll post picks when I get it back.

No worry about the link, I went out and searched your forum posts and found it. Here is the link for others to view. LINK

While I don't have a picture of mine, I also have the gap you are describing (albeit not as bad as yours, mine doesn't look that large). At first, it concerned me, but not for long. I've noticed it would be much more difficult to install the pillion without that gap. Can I see the hardware on my seat bracket, sure. Did I get over it, sure. Since my lady rides with me a lot, the pillion is always installed, so I didn't remember the gap until I read your post.

On the other hand, I have friends with the same seat, and they don't have the gap. However, they didn't purchase a pillion with their seat. I wonder if this is an option the seat builder considers when designing your seat. If you order a pillion, they keep a gap there to make it easier. I really don't know.

What option did you and Corbin agree on to resolve the issue?

Last edited:
Had the bike been any other color, it would have definitely been done in black stitching. Thanks for your compliments, the garage is a work in progress. So much to do....

Looks nice. Craftsman work bench?
Mine's a mess!

6e081b62d8f22966d93c8d3bd720e3bd.jpg

Looks nice. Craftsman work bench?
Mine's a mess!

Yes, it's their 8' model with the stainless surface. I wanted something large, and glad I did. A small bench would have upset me on bigger projects. Sometimes, I can't see the surface it's so messy.

No worry about the link, I went out and searched your forum posts and found it. Here is the link for others to view. LINK

While I don't have a picture of mine, I also have the gap you are describing (albeit not as bad as yours, mine doesn't look that large). At first, it concerned me, but not for long. I've noticed it would be much more difficult to install the pillion without that gap. Can I see the hardware on my seat bracket, sure. Did I get over it, sure. Since my lady rides with me a lot, the pillion is always installed, so I didn't remember the gap until I read your post.

On the other hand, I have friends with the same seat, and they don't have the gap. However, they didn't purchase a pillion with their seat. I wonder if this is an option the seat builder considers when designing your seat. If you order a pillion, they keep a gap there to make it easier. I really don't know.

What option did you and Corbin agree on to resolve the issue?

I hope to have the seat back soon. I'll post pics to show (anticipated) change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith