2017 Street Glide Special wobble

Unfortunately, I will not have a review of the Glide Pro mounts any time soon. Last night, my son and I were riding when we had to brake hard for a left-turning car across our path. We slowed enough to avoid the car, but the guy riding a Honda VTX1800 behind didn't see what was happening in front of him and slammed into my right-rear, disintegrating my right saddle-bag and pushed my exhaust forward. My left front is damaged from where the impact sent me into my son on his bike. He high-sided to the left and the bike went down on the right. He and I are okay. The dud riding the Honda went to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Anyway, the Glide Pro is still going in, but it's going to be a while.

wreck 17sgs 1.jpgwreck 17sgs 2.jpgwreck 16sporty 1.jpg

Last edited:
Happy to hear everybody's ok and I always worry about people behind me when riding in a group or others riders coming up from behind you don't know. Good thing is the bikes are fixable.

Sorry to hear of the accident. Did the driver of the car pull over? Did they get any kind of a ticket?

Sorry to hear of the accident. Did the driver of the car pull over? Did they get any kind of a ticket?

Nope. But the car wasn’t at fault. Illegal turn in front of us, yes, but we weren’t going to hit him. The guy on theHonda was at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am now experiencing the same type of issue on my 2017 SG. I just updated the suspension with Legend Rev-0 A 12 inch in the back and -1 inch cartridges up front. The issue started after the installation. I am going through different adjustments in the rear, and I just added 1 turn to the front cartridges. I am right on the 200 pound line, rider and gear, so started at factory 0. Still had the uneasiness coming to work this morning. I upgraded the factory shocks because at 160 pounds, the rear shocks would not even sag when I sat on the bike with a load. I guess I will follow this thread and keep trying different adjustments. Also open to any ideas. I am at a little over 4000 miles, lost 3 months of riding due to a retinal detachment last year during peak season, so I will have the dealer check it at the next service. Though not holding my breath.

Glad to hear that you weren’t hurt, sucks to get hit by another bike of all things!

I’m interested to hear how this suspension saga works out to. I’m the same weight and have been fooling around with the idea of swapping out the rear shocks for something a bit more compliant. I don’t really compress the stockers much and really take a beating on these NY roads!

I installed one, it was a different brand then this. My bike corners great, drag the bags a lot, rides smooth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165