2019 jw upgrade

beerhunter

Sep 12, 2017
Good morning,

What is needed to mount a jw in a new bike, HD wiring extension?

Asking for a friend, thanks for the info.

If possible, can you provide the part number for this upgrade?

Thanks.

I fitted their Adaptive 2 to my 2015 SGS. After removing the original light, and Harley's short jumper lead between the light and the main harness, it was plug and play. Check JW's website for bike specific instructions.

I have the E2 and it was a 10 minute install with a adjustment after it got dark or you can use a mark on garage wall before switching the lights. As far as the harness it's a quick unplug and plug the new one in. One of the easiest upgrades and installs I have done to my bike and result is well worth it. Looking at the adaptive upgrade soon.

I have a question as far as fitment on a 2019 Street Glide Special. Was looking at the JW speaker headlight but can't get a definitive answer on whether a harness is needed to install it. RevZilla said you had to take the entire fairing apart to get to it. Harley-Davidson parts claims they don't know for sure on the new models. Anybody got any advice? Thanks

Unless things have changed it's a 10 minute install. On my 14 I had to change the harness from 2 plugs (stock light) to 1 and that was really easy right behind the headlight. There should be a couple threads on here with the part number from Harley. Not sure what I did with my notes but it's super easy. I think some of the newer daymaker bulbs have the 2 plugs on them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77